Protein or moisture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are going to get edited again÷

According to Wiki, it came out in 1989. I used to play it with my next door neighbour. We used to see who could get to the next level first. I think it re-loaded each time from a cassette thingy.
Fun times indeed! :D

I remember the cassettes. I had a commodore 64 as well.

To the best of my knowledge protein masks should NOT make the hair brittle, in fact the problem is that the protein has to be so hydrolysed to be used so it isn't actually effective enough to really strengthen the hair. The best products for smoothing the hair are cationic polymers and silicones, but if the hair is very porous they can make the hair slimey as it absorbs too much of them, in this case a protein treatment is the best alternative.

But if people that need something moisturizing only use a protein based treatment they will experience tension breakage through combing etc.. because the hair is not lubricated with silicones.

If the hair feels dry then you need those smoothing/moisurising products to replace the fatty acids on the surface of the cuticle that makes virgin hair feel smooth. I would not worry if the product contains some type of hydysised protein (may be listed as keratin or silk etc) as it will most likely have little effect and the hair can only absorb so much.

Hi I know this is a old thread, but i am trying to improve my product and hair theory as in college we went didnt go through anything like the above, do you know of any websites or books i can get which would help with this? thanks

Hi I know this is a old thread, but i am trying to improve my product and hair theory as in college we went didnt go through anything like the above, do you know of any websites or books i can get which would help with this? thanks

Your better starting a new post hunni

Latest posts

Back