Prozac and Acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreekNails

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a client who is currently prescribed Prozac and she is having a significant problem with lifting on her acrylic nails.

She is a long term client and I have not had this problem with her before she was taking this drug. It does not seem to be caused by lifestyle, as she was ok before and has not mentioned any other likely causes.

Can anyone advise if they have encountered a similar situation with this medication??

Thanks

Eva

Can anyone help with this question?

Eva

I take prozak and have not ever noticed any difference in how my acrylics or gels adhere to my nails.Sorry.

My daughter was on this for quiet some time and no, I never had a problem with her nails.

I was on it an did have a little lifting but since swopping to another kind I don't have that happen anymore, so yes there may be a link! :)

I had a client who was on prozac and she had terrible problems with lifting a very short time after application. I use calgel though and medication can cause lifting so i suppose it depends on the brand.

Latest posts

Back