Psoriasis help :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaNicole

Reaction score
I have psoriasis on my scalp but i forgot that id run out of my shampoo an had to put a perscription in yesterday an i wont get it til Tuesday.
My scalp is all burny an flaky an minging. Is there anything i can use at home until i get my shampoo? I'm goin to my bf's parents for the weekend, an i can't put up with this for the whoel weekend :(

I suffer with the very same thing, great big lumps like cornflakes sometimes and everytime I move my head there is a snowstorm!! It is definately stress related for me and the only thing that I have found that works is a bottle of SELSUN shampoo from the chemist, can buy it over the counter and they normally do smaller bottles just to try too. Normally a couple of days of using it and i'm back to normal and then just use it every couple of weeks to keep it in check. Its about 5 pounds for a large bottle - money well spent!! :hug:

It's a nightmare isn't it :(, i suffered with for years but didn't realise it was such a problem until a few months back an my hair started comin out in clumps an i thought oh god this isn't right so i went an got my diagnoses od psoriasis i think mine can b stress too i'm not sure cos sometimes u dont feel stressed?

I know, sometimes mine flares up a while after i've been stressed though. Honestly, try the Selsun, it really does work! a friend of mine suffered for years too and she tried it and said it was the best stuff she had ever used! You've only got a fiver to lose! :green:

Hi, Nizorelle is fab and you can also get it prescribed too ,
I also like Selsun too :hug: minky

there used to be a lovely herb shampoo in a sachet and it smelled so clean and fresh it was called Sebbix herb shampoo
but I havent seen it around for a long time now :hug:

T-gel original is good. It can be on prescription but also baught over the counter. Make sure u leave it in for at least 5 mins for a good affect. Also watch out if your hair is bleached blonde as it says on the packet can discolour. I have hi lights and this has never happend though xxxx

Hi I just came across your post about Psoriasis which I was looking for some advice too. I've had the same problem for years I find that if I stay away from hair products that aren't too perfumed that helps. I learned once that if perfume is near the end of the ingredient list on the back of the bottle there's less of it - does anyone know if this is true? :confused: But I have a spot at the back of my neck and that's the place I'm bothered with mostly, it's like a red patch and every now and then it flares up, and gets really sore and flaky :( it's horrible.

Anyway, can these anti-dandruff, Psoriasis treatment shampoos be used if your hair is hilighted and has a colour through it?

ann x

When you are caught short without shampoo you could always massage oil( careful if you are allergic to nuts which oil) into the scalp for 10 mins ( and /or cover with cling film - this will help soften the scales- then apply shampo(any shampoo remember this is an emergancy) straight to the hair ontop of the oil , rub in gently then rinse while massaging , then apply shampoo and rise again . You will need to apply the first shampoo on top of the oil to prevent the oil/water barrier.
Shampoos for dandruff/Psorasis do make colour fade , but if the hair is lightened it should only affect the tone

Ahh right thank you :D i've also started gettin dry, flaky red patches that sting to high heavens even when i put baby creams on, and it goes by my eyebrows and on my forehead right by the hair line :(, i hate it going around my mouth cos it looks like im all scabby an dirty an i dont wash :eek: :cry: So my mums said ask to b referred to a skin or dermatologist, so i think im goin to cos its gettin me down cos i cant cover it with make up either cos i might aswell stick little red beacons there, it would b less obvious lol.

I've also booked into my hair dressers to have it cut short (think Victoria Beckahms really short with the long fringe bit) So im hopin my scalp wont be as hot an bothered so it wont be as itchy an un bearable lol. Cos my hair is down by the middle of my back..i'm scared but here goes! lol x

Latest posts

Back