psuedo under nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
a client of mine wearing gel extensions has developed a bacterial infection under one of her nails. its not under the gel but actually under the nail plate. her nail was damaged some weeks ago when she was hit by a sword in a sealed knot battle and broke two of her fingers. at her last rebalance all was well other than bruising on the nail plate which is gradually growing off toward the free edge. when i saw her today there was some separation of the nail plate and it was clear that the infection was in this cavity.i have cut down the extension to prevent stress causing further separation and cleaned underneath with a cotton bud and scrubfresh the best i could, though it was impossible to get all the way in. i then applied a drop of tea tree oil to asist disinfection and healing of the separation and suggested she applys it daily. i've only ever come across a greenie :green: before on one occasion, but that was under the acylic rather than under the nail so it was easier to sort out. can any one tell me what to to for the best here please. :confused:

angel fingers said:
a client of mine wearing gel extensions has developed a bacterial infection under one of her nails. its not under the gel but actually under the nail plate. her nail was damaged some weeks ago when she was hit by a sword in a sealed knot battle and broke two of her fingers. at her last rebalance all was well other than bruising on the nail plate which is gradually growing off toward the free edge. when i saw her today there was some separation of the nail plate and it was clear that the infection was in this cavity.i have cut down the extension to prevent stress causing further separation and cleaned underneath with a cotton bud and scrubfresh the best i could, though it was impossible to get all the way in. i then applied a drop of tea tree oil to asist disinfection and healing of the separation and suggested she applys it daily. i've only ever come across a greenie :green: before on one occasion, but that was under the acylic rather than under the nail so it was easier to sort out. can any one tell me what to to for the best here please. :confused:
Hi ya babe ,
I would refere her to her GP...........
Onycholisis with a secondary infection............. bacteria is under the natural nail plate and has invaded soft tissue..................
Don't try and clean in this space, it is fragile and infection can be pushed further up... a bit like squeezing a spot the wrong way and ending up with a boil...rinsing and bathing is ok, but thats as far as I would go.....because you can cause further seperation and actually push this further up the nail.............
Soaking in tea tree wont do any harm, but make sure she goes to her GP or A good Dermatologist, so he can help ......we can only advise but not treat clients.....

Reducing the length is vital, so no more pressure is applied to the fragile nail plate.................I would soak the enhancement off , shorten the nail so it's flush with the free edge and then send her to her doctor or Derm as I said earlier............

HTH babe xxxx

Latest posts

Back