Pure gold nails for guy's ...are they still about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Going back in time when looking through some old photos and a bleak Sunday afternoon I came across a picture of my best mate back in the 80's when men were men and ladies were lades and male grooming wasn't as prolific as it is today.

Now my mate was (back then) a bit of a tart although was never without a following of gorgeous women.

One day he turned up with a pure gold false nail on his little finger.
of course at the time he came in for a bit of stick from the other lads down at the local drinking hole.

Seeing the old photo it has made me wonder if these are still available ...particularly now that modern trends are facilitating us guy's spending money on ourselves for a change:eek:

I guess so but I seem to recall he spent an absolute fortune(then) on it...

Do many guy's have these fitted as a fashion statement now days.

My son is a Mosher(hope that's spelt right) and paints his nails black when he goes to gigs....is there a market for your male customers for this kind of expensive gold fitments....like having a gold tooth filling kind of thing..or maybe a particular sect..like say a Goth???

Aww I had one of those!!!
Lost it on a night out and was gutted:cry:
Collin love.....the 80's...men weren't all men:lol:
New Romantics!!!!!
Come to think of it I think it may have been 89/90 when I had mine.
Aaaaaaaaaah those were the days:)

I have a couple of Goth and Emo friend's Goth's have the black or dark purple pinkie nail done... and Emo's have all bright or acid colours painted...fraid I dont have a call for the gold or silver...x

If he (or you lol) wants to try out a gold nail it would be cheaper to buy the minx coverings in gold, they wont fall off and get lost :hug:

If he (or you lol) wants to try out a gold nail it would be cheaper to buy the minx coverings in gold, they wont fall off and get lost :hug:

Lou...those were the days!!!
We bought them in 9ct gold etc!
There was no Minx then.....and Boy George was thin....and George Michael never went in a public toilet!!!
AS IF!!!!:)
Samantha....lets get those 80's tracks on hun lmao!!:hug:

Lou...those were the days!!!
We bought them in 9ct gold etc!
There was no Minx then.....and Boy George was thin....and George Michael never went in a public toilet!!!
AS IF!!!!:)
Samantha....lets get those 80's tracks on hun lmao!!:hug:
I wasnt going to admit but yes i do remember them and yes i had one for my 12th birthday if i remember right lol,
i only wish i was too young to remember :hug:

I wasnt going to admit but yes i do remember them and yes i had one for my 12th birthday if i remember right lol,
i only wish i was too young to remember :hug:

No way were you 12????
I must have been 8.....???
They let you in clubs early in those days:lol:

See what you have started Collin!!

Way back in the 80's (the decade that style and good music forgot IMHO)
I also had one of these gold nails and I loved it!! The amount of adhesive I had on under mine, it NEVER fell off!!! Got stuck in my big hair a few times mind :eek: Although my shoulder pads were there to catch it if it did fall off.
See what I mean about the decade that style forgot!!

aww in the 80's the only nail decoration I managed was remember those little stickers to reinforce paper for filo faxes, they looked like polo mints...I used to stick them on and pretend I had big long nails.
And I had to make do with painting my nails with felt tip pen, and doing nail art with tippex...
and as for shoulder pads....(I used to cut them out and put them in my bra..shhhh don't tell anyone its a little embarrassing ) :lol:

Lets not forget Neon Mini Skirts with braces (like an old man)

Okay well I dressed like this!

The gold nails are waaaay funky now I really want minxed!

:eek:I'm afraid to say I still have one of mine(I had a few) I found it in the bottom of my draw, its a nice long one with a diamond chip in it, very stylish:lol:. I remember one of my clients had a platinum one cost her hubby a fortune to have made and she accidentally gave it to the car park attendant in her change!

I remember one of my clients had a platinum one cost her hubby a fortune to have made and she accidentally gave it to the car park attendant in her change!

I bet the car park attendant was an extremely happy chappie...strait down to the pawn brokers and cash it in :lol::lol:

So would you buy these things from a jewellers and have them fitted by a professional or do the nail companies sell them also???

Latest posts

Back