purex extraction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max

Reaction score
Hi Geeks I have not posted for a while, So happy new year to you al.
I was just wondering if any of you have had any feed back from the new purex extraction. It was in last months Sratch mag...
Well i had the guy the come out yesterday to do a demo and it does look good, you can either buy the tabel with a three way extraction or just the unit to attach to your desk.. However its not cheap around £1150 for the tabel or about £600 for the unit to attach to your table..
Althou its quite expensive I am thinking about my health, but before i part with any more money was hoping some one on here maybe would have heard or even bought one.. thanks in advance
Best wishes Caren x

hmmm....

I have a gripe about Purex.
A: They are selling using fear marketing
B: Their top end extraction is something I approached them to do for desks I was designing - I turned down that particular prototype (due to reasons I wont go into) -then they magically appear at GMeX selling desks with my rejected prototypes when they were supposed to be redesigning them for my desks!

They do great filtration systems ( I have their large industrial units installed at the Leeds Academy) but IMO they know little about nail desk design. 99% of their sales points are unethical scare tactics that are overinflated to try to get you to buy a desk with no storage space and no working space.

Me? I give them a big thumbs down.

I am really glad that I just did a search on this and thanks for your response Sam because I have just had the information on purex arrive this morning - although it does not quote a price so I had already assumed that it was going to be high. But like you after reading their info I thought it also came across as scare tactics and that if you believe what they say you will be only too happy to pay those prices!

But I am looking for a new desk and extraction - I bought one last year, new and ignorant lol, and it is a disaster for me :( It was not cheap either - an Italian station with extraction unit built in - beautiful to look at I must add - but I am small and dumpy with little arms and it is too wide! I have asked about getting it reshaped but it is safety glass topped and that can not be cut. So I am going to have to sell it. But what can I get? Also dont have loads to spend. I would like extraction though whether in the desk or freestanding on it. I have looked at other threads but am interested in your opinions before I go and waste more money.

Thanks for your replies and advice xxx

I am just finishing up designs for a new desk with the integrated Purex extraction unit. Its not 3-way as I feel the side unit takes up too much space and is not effective in the salon and the above desk unit which I approached them to design is not in this as I havent been able to come up with a decent solution for it. The prototype I turned down (and they are using) is pants IMHO.

Though I know its not any answer your looking for - the desks im finishing up are very cool and very effective - but wont be availible until 3rd quarter of this year.

Thanks again Sam :)

Is it best to have integrated extraction or do freestanding desk extractors work as well? My room is large and I do have opening windows but want to get it right this time :)
I absolutely love the desks that are used at Manchester and am really thinking about waiting until I can afford one of those.

Its more important the TYPE of filtration system you have. The vast majority suck - er, I mean dont suck enough!
I would opt for built in - however free standing could easily surpass if the quality was right

HTH's!

Hi Sam..
Just thought id bump this thread back up to see if there is any update on the desks?

It's currenlty on hold. I have the 1st prototype in Leeds, but we havent progressed it yet as other projects are taking priority.

Too bad as well. It's way sweet :)

Hi all,
There has been a bit of banter and differences of opinion about dust, fumes, vapour and all lately. I won't rake all that up again as it has been done to death.

It seems to me that everyone agrees that breathing dust is a no no. Others think that breathing vapour is bad, not bad, might be bad, can be controlled, is no problem etc etc. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the matter.

All we can do is make a product which removes dust and vapours from the salon. As I have said before our stations are not the cheapest £100 job from IKEA/Argos etc. but they designed for a specific purpose and they do the job they are designed to do extremely well by using the best technology.

Unfortunately, we do have to charge delivery as does just about every other company. Sorry.

The good news is that a Purex is nearly half the price of when this post originally went out because they have been very popular and we make economies of scale in manufacturing which even we could not have forseen. These savings are passed on to techs as they should be.

Bottom line is everyone is free to give a Purex a try, if it solves peoples breathing problems and makes their salon / home a better place then brilliant. If not. OK. No problem. Everyone can make their own choices.

Let me also just say that no one at Purex is even remotely scary :)

Except if you try and take chocolate off the ladies in the office then boy, are you in trouble ! :eek:

My honest opinion is that I fell in love with these desks and really do think they are great, however, I have recently changed my mind on them after speaking to some-one who owns one. They are mainly fab and the extraction on them works very well, however, there is an extraction vent thing (sorry, I'm not the most technical of people!) on the table by where you are meant to put your dappen dish and she has noticed that her monomer seems to disappear, and there is no way she can be using loads more than she used to, it's as though it is being sucked up, what a waste!!!!! Therefore I feel that surely, these tables would be better off just having the main filter in the table for dust and then the extractor in the lamp for vapours and dust which are in the breathing space between you and your client.

The storage/space thing is a problem but that can easily be overcome by having a trolley with drawers in or shelves next to your desk.

Has anyone on here got one of these desks that could say if they have this problem too or others? Or if they are perfectly happy with their desks?

Samoyed said:
My honest opinion is that I fell in love with these desks and really do think they are great, however, I have recently changed my mind on them after speaking to some-one who owns one. They are mainly fab and the extraction on them works very well, however, there is an extraction vent thing (sorry, I'm not the most technical of people!) on the table by where you are meant to put your dappen dish and she has noticed that her monomer seems to disappear, and there is no way she can be using loads more than she used to, it's as though it is being sucked up, what a waste!!!!! Therefore I feel that surely, these tables would be better off just having the main filter in the table for dust and then the extractor in the lamp for vapours and dust which are in the breathing space between you and your client.

The storage/space thing is a problem but that can easily be overcome by having a trolley with drawers in or shelves next to your desk.

Has anyone on here got one of these desks that could say if they have this problem too or others? Or if they are perfectly happy with their desks?

I have one of these desks and don't have any problems with my monomer disappearing at all... I always keep mine lidded though when not in use just so you can't smell it and the desk is only switched on when in use... This would help, for sure.

I think they are brilliant, admittedly the storage is not great, but I just keep the bulk of my stuff in the back of the shop.... it really encourages you to be tidy... there is only so much you need in the drawer.

It really is a great desk, and the price I have seen someone mention is nowhere near what I paid - I think it was very reasonable considering when you buy the same sort of 'get up' from other manufacturers, you can pay much more for buying the same items separately.

Delivery wasn't OTT either, you have a choice of them fitting it or doing it yourself and I think, if I remember rightly, the difference was only £15.

Latest posts

Back