Purple hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophie041090

Reaction score
Can anyone help me achieve a purple colour on a client please! She usually has majicontrast magenter red on the ends which gives a lovely result ( although tends to fade quite quickly) she now wants to go for more of a purple look and I’m finding it difficult to find a permanent tint to achieve this any advice welcome x

U won' get that in a permanent or a luo colour. Pulp riot colours look excellent good luck x

If you’re looking for a vibrant purple, you really need to use a direct dye as an normal oxidised colour won’t be as bright. Joico is a good quality professional brand.
Goldwell Elumen VV is a permanent bright but not easy to get hold of if you’re not a Goldwell salon and it needs its own remover.

Can anyone help me achieve a purple colour on a client please! She usually has majicontrast magenter red on the ends which gives a lovely result ( although tends to fade quite quickly) she now wants to go for more of a purple look and I’m finding it difficult to find a permanent tint to achieve this any advice welcome x
Wella koleston perfect for every 25g 55/66 I'd add 5g 10/0 and 1g /88 mix tone this will give a beautiful vibrant purple that will neutralise the red to create a true purple tone.

Wella koleston perfect for every 25g 55/66 I'd add 5g 10/0 and 1g /88 mix tone this will give a beautiful vibrant purple that will neutralise the red to create a true purple tone.
I always mix this way and end up with great vibrant results xx

I tried that previously but felt it was too red based. I prefer a blue-ish purple.

I tried that previously but felt it was too red based. I prefer a blue-ish purple.
I almost always add a drop of blue intensifier. I find the colour touch 5/6 is more red than purple but the 55/66 is usually a very similar colour to aubergine.

Latest posts

Back