Purple to blonde (pics attached)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninar

Reaction score
hi all I have a client who has coloured her hair purple & hates it so I took a strand test and stripped it with a bleach bath and toned it with 9.11 10vol, she wants to go silver eventually (I'm sick of silver/grey now lol)
Any ways here's some pics of her hair and her stand test, I said she will need a good 2 inches cutting off as it went like mush.
So I'm Gona bleach bath her hair add as many highlights as possible and I between that do a dark ash blonde then tone. Does this sound ok.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 105
What's the purple colour? Permanent or a direct dye?

I would of thought a colour remover would be best of to use if it's permanent?

Honestly, from the looks of the strand test, her hair doesn't look like it can handle any bleach.

All i can see in the pictures is your chicken burger and cheesy chips from Sunday Lauren[emoji23]

All i can see in the pictures is your chicken burger and cheesy chips from Sunday Lauren[emoji23]
I could eat that again but minus the garlic mayo! Yum

It's a picture of purple hair but does look more like a permanent colour and a strand test

She used live xxl purple which I know is a nightmare to get out. I will get another strand test and use a colour remover to see if it lifts out

Honestly, from the looks of the strand test, her hair doesn't look like it can handle any bleach.
Yeah it wasn't good, which Iv told her but she's adamant she want the purple out. Will try a colour remover first on another strand test

Show her the results! Even if I was adamant i wouldn't want my hair damaged like that!

I'd show her the condition of her hair on the strand test, I was admiment I wanted my hair blonde and then my hair was completely ruined.. If the salon would of shown me the strand test so I could of seen before hand how much my hair was going to be ruined I never would of got it done lol

Have you tried 10/0 and 6% equal parts? Basically a neutral ammonia based level 10. This should remove quite a bit leaving a slight minty tone in my experience

Last edited:
Have you tried 10/0 and 5% equal parts? Basically a neutral ammonia based level 10. This should remove quite a bit leaving a slight minty tone in my experience
Is this wella?

Yes it is. Any brand level 10 ammonia based

I would keep the process as simple as possible, rather than bleach bath + foils you will create a correction with multiple porosities. To follow on from @Sugarplumfaery if you cleanse to mint green tone with a violet base, to keep an ash blue reflect- do not use red!!

I used myself as a guineapig! I had super bright pink and I did part equal parts 10/0 and 6% (lifted it out leaving a pale gold undertone) and 2 parts 6% to 1 part 10/0 and it removed most leaving a slightly warmer yellow I did still have a slight pinkish band which was easily cleaned out when I had my next bleach as I went silver. With the minty tone I have (sorry Adam) used marshmallow from crazy coloyr and it neutralized the remainder.

Wow great stuff I may try this out in the salon on a model much better than doing cleanses would you leave full development time or visual ?

Minimum 20 minutes. I kept massaging it in and after I rinsed, did a stand alone Olaplex.

Cool will deff try dat Tanx [emoji173]️

Have you tried 10/0 and 6% equal parts? Basically a neutral ammonia based level 10. This should remove quite a bit leaving a slight minty tone in my experience
No I haven't tried that. I will take a strand piece n try it. Thanks for advice x

Thanks for everyone's advice this is how it turned out x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back