Purple to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura250

Reaction score
My client want to go from purple to blonde my idea is going to a colour remover then do 7 or 8 and 7.3 or 8.3 loreal majerel ? She has about an inch of regrowth and 20% grey does this sould okay or would u go in with a bleach bath ? X

Is the purple a direct dye or an oxidising colour?

I'd use a colour reducer and then assuming it's lifted out ok, I'd choose a tint 2 levels lighter than desired.
Definitely do the peroxide test after the reducer to check it's all gone.

I wouldn't use bleach unless it's needs lifting a lot more before toning.

Why 2 shades lighter ?

It's normal to use an oxidising tint 2 shades lighter after using a colour reducer. Just check the instructions of the product you use to be certain.

A colour reducer is different to a colour stripper as it doesn't contain peroxide and only removes the artificial colour molecules and doesn't affect the natural colour. Are you familiar with colour correction work?

I have done alot of colour corrections as in brown to red red to blonde brown to blonde red to blonde and most of them i do a bleach bath but i do t wabt to do a bleach bath as it has a good chance to turn green only have used a colour reducer a few times but never purple to blonde i have told her it a process

Good idea! It's always sensible to manage their expectations so I think you'll be fine.
If there's a chance she's topped up the purple with something like crazy colour, consider a strand test to check as bleach can cause the colour to stain the cuticle and then you'll have to cut it or colour over it.

Latest posts

Back