Putting On A Fake Toenail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heloo

Reaction score
For a couple years now I think I've had this toenail fungus which caused my left toenail to keep breaking and falling off. Recently it's happend once again, right in time for summer! I've done some research and people have said that it's not safe to put a fake toenail on an infected toe or on the skin of the toe, but then some people said it's fine. I still have SOME of the nail on my toe though. I'm gonna post a picture (it's gross I know lol) and hopefully someone can look at it and tell me what they think I should do. Thankyou!

Last edited:
Have you been to the doctor for this testing,
surely if it was a fungus it would have spread to your other toe nails whilst your foot was in your shoe all warm and moist,
especially if it has been going on for 2 year

Have you been to the doctor for this testing,
surely if it was a fungus it would have spread to your other toe nails whilst your foot was in your shoe all warm and moist,
especially if it has been going on for 2 year

No I haven't been to the doctors for this. I'm going on Thursdsay. I'm pretty positive she will advise me not to put a fake toenail on though just to be safe. But from the looks of my toe, does putting a fake toenail on it seem okay?

Have you ever damaged that toe/nail in the past, prior to the initial problem? If it's been damaged at the matrix it could cause permanent damage, potentially resulting in it's continual 'dropping off'!

The doc will need to take clippings of the nail to test for a fungal infection, which could be pretty difficult at the moment as you don't have a lot of nail plate there.

I have successfully created big toe nails for runners and football players who regularly loose their big toe nails.

Good luck. :hug:

Provided there is no infection of any kind (you must get this checked by a doctor first) i would be happy to reconstruct a toe nail like yours,
i would not glue on a false nail though,
i would reconstruct it with L&P,
go see your doctor and get it checked out before searching for a nail tech that will be able to reconstruct this correctly :hug:

Latest posts

Back