Putting on gems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire C

Reaction score
Hi

I have done quite a few sets of nails now and everyone has been really happy with them:) One of the girls I have done has asked me to do her nails for her wedding which is great. She has also asked if I can put a little gem on her wedding ring finger. Does anybody have any tips on how to do this? I was thinking of letting the acrylic set and then stick it on, but not sure whether to put the top coat on before or after. I don't want it to fall off:eek:

Hi

I don't know if this helps, but, if you put topcoat on top of a rhinestone, in my tiny amount of experience, it kind of dulls the shine. I apply a top coat and set the gem in that and then cure under the UV lamp. Do you use a uv top coat? I have found that the gem doesn't fall off this way. I haven't been qualified long, so you may not want to listen to me lol.

I am sure your wedding nails will look beautiful and the gem will NOT drop off

xxSarahxx

Hi,
I put some gel onto the nail that is to have the gems, place the gems, put nail under UV light for about 30 seconds to set the gems, then put layer of gel on top of gems, then cure as normal under UV light.
They won't come off, they will have to be buffed off. Mine stay on until the next set or rebalance.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

Use a tiny amount of blu-tac on a cuticle stick to pick up and place the gem just where you want it:green:

Hi, you said you were using L&P....so......place the gem on the prepped nail - I usually use an orange stick dipped in water to pick it up - and I use a tiny amount of gelbond to stick it - it does not budge one bit!!! Then instead of using pink, I use clear. So the gem is embedded into the acrylic - not a chance of it falling off then! Hth xx

hi all i use is creative gel bond glue and every0ne comments on how their gems stay on for ages . xx

Use a tiny amount of blu-tac on a cuticle stick to pick up and place the gem just where you want it:green:

Aw you said what I was going to say!

I can't remember where I got it from, but I've got a small plastic stick that has a rubber bit on the end that makes the gems easy to pick up. That way you don't get wet gems! But when I mislaid it for a few days, I did use the orange stick method!

D* xXx

Latest posts

Back