Qualifications I need to become a nail Technician??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankie91

Reaction score
Hi there!
I am new on here today and I am looking for some help and advice what to do. I am currently studying Beauty Therapy NVQ level 2 at york college which I am really enjoying. I have really taken to manicures and pedicures and I am rather good at it. I am not really wanting to go into do level 3 as this is more massage and I am wanting to focus totally on nails. Can anyone give me guidance on what courses to do or not to do and what I will need to get into this job role working for myself someday. I have looked a little into CND in leeds but want to hear more from you ladies who have done course which you could reccomend!

thank you so much and I would really appreciate some comments back :)

I would just do this as another string to add to your bow. You can't have too many skills babe. I did make up artistry and find it hard just working from that alone. As much as I love it I don't get more than 30 hours a week from it, and now do lash extensions to top up my income. I intend to do more. xx

Isn't there a level 3 in nails that you could take?

I recommend doing NVQ3 in nail services. Some places may ask you to do the level 2 first but others will take you just with a qualification that is/includes manicure and pedicure.

Once you do the NVQ3 you will be qualified as a nail technician (i think so anyways!! this is what I am doing)...it includes things like gels, arcrylics, nail art, 3D work, fibreglass and things like that :)

Some places might take you on as a junior once you've completed you NVQ2

Latest posts

Back