Qualifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearl

Reaction score
Hello

I have been working as a beauty therapist with an NVQ level 2 since 1997.

I am self employed and have done the odd course along the way but mainly product training.

I am feeling very excited at the moment about giving my business a huge push forwards.

I would love to have the time to do an NVQ Level 3 but I simple dont, nor do I have the finances.

I plan to do individual courses as and when I have the money and time such as, Indian head massage, body massage, semi perm lashes, reflexology, aromatherapy.

My question is if I keep doing these individual courses do I at some point have the equivalent of a level three?

What courses would I need to do?

Also what is included in level four?

As I said I have a passion burning in my stomach to be the best I can so any advice will be most welcome.

Pearl
xx

Feeling a little like this was a silly question now. :o

Can anyone advise me?:confused:

Sorry I don't know x

You have to do the nvq3 before you can do nqv4, also there is a lot to nvq3 then a few courses. I did mine 11 years ago so maybe things have changed.

Thank you for your help ladies.

I understand that there is alot involved in the NVQ 3 and 4 but just wondered if there is a way to reach this level without going back into full time education.

Hi Pearl,

Have you contacted your local college? I am planning to do my Nvq 3 soon and my college runs the course in the evenings.
You could ask what financial help towards the cost is available to you and often you can break the payments down to paying each term as you go?

Im sorry im not able to answer your particular question but I hope maybe I have been a help if you hadnt already considered the above.
X

Sent from my U20i using SalonGeek

Hello

I have been working as a beauty therapist with an NVQ level 2 since 1997.

I am self employed and have done the odd course along the way but mainly product training.

I am feeling very excited at the moment about giving my business a huge push forwards.

I would love to have the time to do an NVQ Level 3 but I simple dont, nor do I have the finances.

I plan to do individual courses as and when I have the money and time such as, Indian head massage, body massage, semi perm lashes, reflexology, aromatherapy.

My question is if I keep doing these individual courses do I at some point have the equivalent of a level three?

What courses would I need to do?

Also what is included in level four?

As I said I have a passion burning in my stomach to be the best I can so any advice will be most welcome.

Pearl
xx

No, if you do individual NVQ units, ie massage, electrolysis, indian head ...... etc, they will not add up to an nvq level 3 albeit you may have covered the practical units covered in the nvq spectrum. Nqv's also include paperwork modules (ie, salon management), so to get a level 3 certificate, you need to have completed the entire course.

Hth, but pm me if unsure xxxxx The habia website may be able to give you more guidance on level 4, but you would prob have to have complete L3 to do L4.

Good luck xxxxxx

Hi there, as others have said, a lot of colleges now run the Nvq 3 as a part time evening course.
I know from having asked various companies that the reason why they want the level 3 before letting people do product training with things like, micro dermoabration (sp) is because they want to make sure the person in front of their name has indepth knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
Tbh I thought I would struggle with this, it's been a long time since I was in a class room, but I love it and would be happy to spend twice as much time in the class room on this subject.
So if you can do an evening course I would say jump at it.
There was another thread on here the other day with a lady from Manchester saying how good her college is.
Sorry I can't help with what's involved with level 4:smack:

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all very much for your advice. I am going to look at evening study as suggested.

xx

Latest posts

Back