Question about blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucysmam

Reaction score
I've been reading through some of the tutorials & read through this one today as I'm going to practise on my friend tomorrow.

To blend from the free edge to the nail plate rather than the other way round makes more sense, so I am going to try it this way and see how I get on.

I just wondered really, why so many of us seem to have been taught to blend using acetone if this is not how it should be done for the best results & because of the risks to the clients own nails. Surely it would be better taught this way in the first place

I've been reading through some of the tutorials & read through this one today as I'm going to practise on my friend tomorrow.

To blend from the free edge to the nail plate rather than the other way round makes more sense, so I am going to try it this way and see how I get on.

I just wondered really, why so many of us seem to have been taught to blend using acetone if this is not how it should be done for the best results & because of the risks to the clients own nails. Surely it would be better taught this way in the first place

We had to use tip blender in the old ages when tips were manufactured supa-dupa THICK, so tip blender would ease the job. These days we have products that make our job easier, hence the training. I love my CND products, because everything behind them is well thought to make it quick, efficient and long lasting)
:)

so, maybe the people teaching this method were taught a while back & haven't updated either their training or techniques

I am going to try it the way it's suggested in the tutorial, it sounds easier & makes more sense. Fingers crossed it works out as I've been struggling with blending quite a bit

Ooh, let us know how it goes because I was (and still am, I think) having trouble with blending. I haven't practiced in a while! Oops. :o

I too was told to use tip blender and was told to buy NSI Elation tips for my college course and have had no end of trouble with these. Thinking of changing tips to CND when I get back practicing again.

We were given millennium tips when I did my course & I've been struggling until now so hopefully doing it the other way around will make the job easier. Thankfully it was a large box, not sure how many though (I never checked) soplenty for practising with!

It just made me wonder after reading the tutorial why people are teaching that it should be done this way when it makes more sense to do it the other way round & half the work is done for you, plus there's less risk to your client's own nails which you are trying to enhance rather than ruin

We were given millennium tips when I did my course & I've been struggling until now so hopefully doing it the other way around will make the job easier. Thankfully it was a large box, not sure how many though (I never checked) soplenty for practising with!

It just made me wonder after reading the tutorial why people are teaching that it should be done this way when it makes more sense to do it the other way round & half the work is done for you, plus there's less risk to your client's own nails which you are trying to enhance rather than ruin

There is one simple reason why it is still being taught (mainly in colleges).

Because it is EASIER for the TUTOR than teaching you the correct, skillful and professional way. Simple factual answer. ' Short cuts make long delays' they say and learning the skills will serve you better than short cuts.

Well, apart from my glue disater last night & taking the kids to get some more this morning (not fun!) my practise session on my friend went quite well.

I found that blending from the free edge was easier to manage & made far less scratchy marks on her own nails than I had on the girl I used on my training course when I was taught to blend using acetone & from the well of the tip to the free edge of the tip.

I'll definately be practising this again later on in the week! Made life so much easier & I actually felt quite pleased with myself after doing them, took me a lot less time than doing the other way. Although I didn't time myself. Maybe I ought to set up my stopwatch on my phone next time & see how long it takes me to do

Thanks very much for the tutorial, I feel like I'm getting somewhere now :)

Well, apart from my glue disater last night & taking the kids to get some more this morning (not fun!) my practise session on my friend went quite well.

I found that blending from the free edge was easier to manage & made far less scratchy marks on her own nails than I had on the girl I used on my training course when I was taught to blend using acetone & from the well of the tip to the free edge of the tip.

I'll definately be practising this again later on in the week! Made life so much easier & I actually felt quite pleased with myself after doing them, took me a lot less time than doing the other way. Although I didn't time myself. Maybe I ought to set up my stopwatch on my phone next time & see how long it takes me to do

Thanks very much for the tutorial, I feel like I'm getting somewhere now :)

The tutorial has helped allot of people .... I'm glad it helped you!

Latest posts

Back