Question about Brisa Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayls

Reaction score
Hey Geeks, I was just wondering at which stage of application with Brisa Gel, would you put glitter onto the tip or encase a flower. Also would you do nail art and then seal with UV topcoat?
Thanks all for your help!! xx

I would do all the above after the pink and white application and buff but before the final glossing coat.

If I were to be encasing a dried flower then I'd apply it after the initial application of clear, before the 'main' application of clear, it helps to keep it well and truly encased and no chance of buffing through and catching it.
When I use glitter on the tips I premix my Brisa and glitter in an empty gel pot (never throw them away), I apply it as I would a pink and white application, cap the whole nail in clear before buffing to protect the sparkle of the glitter, then Finishing Gloss as normal.
hth's

Thanks both very much for the advice will do that when doing a funky gel look!! xx

Hi,

I agree with Valencian - do any art or embedding (ex. dried flower...) after the first initial coat, if you are doing a full set. Then apply the other coats so you won't file or buff it away, as gel is VERY easy to file!

If you're doing a fill or backfill, then file down to the first layer of gel and continue as stated above.

Latest posts

Back