Question about pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkBlonde

Reaction score
I'm wondering what is the best way to position yourself and your client for a pedicure?

I've got a couple of trial days coming up for a new job and its a while since I've done a pedicure.

The room has an electric couch that goes up and down and two normal chairs. I can't really bring my own furniture as I will probably be travelling by bus or train. The only way I can think of is to lower the couch for the client to sit on and for me to kneel on the floor but I don't think this would look very professional?

I was taught at college to let them lie on the couch after their feet had soaked and to do the rest of the work sitting on a chair at the end of the couch. But I've changed the routine so I can work on one foot while the other is soaking, and I can't really have my client with one foot on the couch and the other on the floor.

Any suggestions would be great!

I have an electric couch and do all feet treatments with the client in the most upright position the couch will go to which is a slightly reclined position.

I use the footspa at the very beginning of the treatment and then transfer the client to the treatment room and get her comfortable (rolled towel under the knees, nailpillo behind the head, magazines to hand).

I sit on my stool at the feet end and do everything else from this position.

Hope this gives you an idea even if you decide against using it.

Jacqui xx

Thanks for the reply, it has helped!

I was thinking that it might be tricky this way as my current routine, I fiile, shape, apply cuticle remover and soak first foot, then work on other foot while this one is soaking. Then I do cuticle work, exfoliate and work on dead skin on first foot while second one is soaking. Repeat on second foot, Then dry both feet, masage, dehydrate nails and polish.

Maybe I should change my routine so that I soak both feet together?

I'm so cunfused! its my first job as a beauty therapist and I've got lots to think about so I'm stressing over little things! lol.

If its an electric couch it will probably go into the sitting position.

Follow your normal routine and sit at end of couch with couch in sitting position. If the couch won't go into full sitting position I think you the best way is for you to soak both feet whilst you sit in an opposite chair,then transfer client to couch and wrap one foot in towel while you work on one foot,then transfer to other. Obviously ensure both feet are fully dried with no oils.

Sitting or kneeling on the floor is not good for health or appearance. Have a couple of little practices with new routine if needed and when time for trades tests it will all fall into place. Good luck:hug:

Can you not just sit your client in a chair and then you sit on a small stool in front of them.
This is what I do.
x

I'm wondering what is the best way to position yourself and your client for a pedicure?

I've got a couple of trial days coming up for a new job and its a while since I've done a pedicure.

The room has an electric couch that goes up and down and two normal chairs. I can't really bring my own furniture as I will probably be travelling by bus or train. The only way I can think of is to lower the couch for the client to sit on and for me to kneel on the floor but I don't think this would look very professional?

I was taught at college to let them lie on the couch after their feet had soaked and to do the rest of the work sitting on a chair at the end of the couch. But I've changed the routine so I can work on one foot while the other is soaking, and I can't really have my client with one foot on the couch and the other on the floor.

Any suggestions would be great!

I have the client on the couch and me at the end and soak their feet whilst they pick a colour then remove one foot and clip if needed, shape and put cuticle remover on and before you soak them again I put the exfoliant on and rasp their feet then place bk into soak. Do the same on the other foot. Take the 1st foot out remove cuticle and massage and repeat on following foot and start polishing same time :)

Latest posts

Back