question for a Scottish nail tech...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nail-chick

Reaction score
i have a loyal customer who is from Scottland. she goes and visits each year for about three weeks or more.

she does have a nail tech she trusts to do her nails, if needed, when she's there.

she asked me why she didn't push back the cuticles and file the cuticle area.

can anyone help me with this?

thanks,
kathleen
www.mynailsrock.com

I think the only person who can answer that one is the nail tech concerned.

I think the only person who can answer that one is the nail tech concerned.

I agree. It is not normal practise in Scotland to neglect this part of the procedure! :lol: Just a neglectful nail technician I would say ... you find 'em all over the world.

probably because she doesnt care too much,lol... you do need to push the cuticle back and remove surface shine..and preferably use a cuticle remover for a more thorough and comfortable job..are her nails lifting when she comes back to you?

Here Here Gigi!

Scotland is a big place with I would guess there are thousands of nail Techs :rolleyes:
I am a Scottish Nail Tech and believe me this isnt normal practise

I agree. It is not normal practise in Scotland to neglect this part of the procedure! :lol: Just a neglectful nail technician I would say ... you find 'em all over the world.

Thanks for that Geeg....it was sounding a bit like this was a Scottish technique of doing nails!!.....which as you have rightfully pointed out IS NOT!!

We Scot's are a proud race.....and there are some fabulous nail technicians here...who carry out nail enhancements treatments in a professional manner.....and who take their Education in the Nail Industry very seriously.

I also agree with Urban Geek that the only person who can actually answer this is the nail tech herself .............

Here Here Gigi!

Scotland is a big place with I would guess there are thousands of nail Techs :rolleyes:
I am a Scottish Nail Tech and believe me this isnt normal practise
With you 100% on that one nemotail:eek:

please don't take offense at my question!

i didn't have the answer for my customer regarding what she was told. the tech told her that that is the way they do it there. maybe she meant the salon.

i told the client i would check in this forum because i knew i would get the right answer. i meant no harm!

trust me, i will tell her to go to a different salon next time she goes back. i guess i will give my apologies for the mistake of the other nail tech who obviously doesn't care about HER quality of work.

again, i meant no offense with my question.

thanks to all,
kathleen
www.mynailsock.com

Hey no worries chick - just sometimes think that folk imagine Scotland is 2 small towns (Glasgow and Edinburgh) with a couple of hills in between :green: - not a huge country with a population of 5 million+.

I like many other Geeks, have had new clients who have said 'what are you doing?' :eek: when I do their cuticle work - I am astonished that they have been having their nails done for years and their cuticles have never been touched.

Unfortunately there are neglectful, slapdash techs all over the world - but there are also consciencious, hardworking, thorough techs who want to maintain the highest standard of work for each client.

Let make sure we all fall into the second bracket
:hug:
KxXx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back