Question for ezflow geeks x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa-marie

Reaction score
i'm a creative girl, love using my cnd L&P but i'm doing nvq level 3 at college and using ezflow products for the course, can any ezflow geeks tell me their routine for l&p please?
i keep getting lots of lifting and nails coming off clean! :eek:
thanks in advance
lisa x

Well, for starters, ezflow advocate a dry prep and two coats of their equivalent of scrubfresh, plus primer. You also have to work wetter with your l&p.

if you are using the q monomer then you need to dehydrate the nail using ezbond then use their primer...the primer need to have completly dried and the nail gone sort of cloudy looking before applying your product. it has a 2:1 mix ratio.
The HD monomer is primerless and works alot drier....not 100% of the mix ratio...i think its 1:1...someone who has trained with the hd will be able to tell you.
i originally trained cnd then converted to ezflow and have to say had pretty much the same problem.... I was so used to cnd mix ratio when i switched think i was working way too wet ....which could cause this to happen as could not letting the primer dry.
hth's

thankyou for your replies, i'm thinking i should get some primer as i didn't have any in my kit, have been using just the ezbond.
thanks again
lisa x

They didn't provide any primer in your kit? Did they provide a bonder in place of it?
How do they expect the acrylic to stick?
You might want to ask if they missed something when they packed your kit.

what was included in your kit?

They didn't provide any primer in your kit? Did they provide a bonder in place of it?
How do they expect the acrylic to stick?
You might want to ask if they missed something when they packed your kit.

what was included in your kit?

Ezflow HD is primer optional, Ezflow Q is used with a primer.

Ezflow HD is primer optional, Ezflow Q is used with a primer.

Yes, I do realize that. I use EZ flow. Although, I didn't see in her post which one she is using?

i had 3 acrylic kits, the hd and 2 boogie nights collections, they came with the ezbond but i havent got any primer. x

Awww ok, that would by why they didn't give you any primer.
I understand now.

Thanks

Have you tried going without the primer, since the HD doesn't require it?

Awww ok, that would by why they didn't give you any primer.
I understand now.

Thanks

Have you tried going without the primer, since the HD doesn't require it?

thank you for your reply
i haven't got any primer, just the ezbond and i've been having lots of trouble with lifting, maybe its my mix ratio if you don't need primer with hd.

the hd is a primerless system so a primer is not necessary.....I did find that when i did use the hd you had to be pretty spot on with your mix ratio....some you can get away with working a little bit out but with this one i think you have to be quite accurate. i think it sounds like your working a bit too wet. As you seem to be having the same problems as what i was having when went from using CND to ezflow.
I know your being taught in college but it might be worth you contacting ezflow at graftons for some accurate training notes if they are able to give them to you...or may be they can at least advise you otherwise.... as they are the ones who provide the kits to the colleges.
i dont know if your teacher has had training on how to use ezflow products but every system works differently and some colleges teach quite generalised

Another point to consider is that when I was shown how to work with HD, it's consistency and application was quite different to anything else I've ever tried. To me, it seemed rather 'Rubbery' and required more 'Pressing' into the nail plate. It didn't 'Glide' over the nail like CND, I definitely had to apply more pressure and so maybe this might be contributing to your current problems? Just a suggestion. :)

thank you all for your replies, i'm going to try working on my mix ratio & i'll let you know how i get on x

Latest posts

Back