Question for you gel geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTNKRISTI

Reaction score
Hi! This will probably seem very dumb, but I just need a little reassurance on something so here goes.... I had a regular client of mine today come in for her normal infill with l&p and she saw some of my pretty gel colors that I offer and fell in love with one of them- she wants me to use one of them for the free edge on her re-balance next time, so I wanted to know if it is okay to just do everything as usual and then apply the gel on top of the acrylic and cure? i just wanted to know if it will work, or do I need to go thru all of the steps, like with the gel base etc.? I appreciate your advice!thanks...... I am embarrased that i do not know for sure but knew i could ask here.....:o

Yes, you can do that. File and shape your L & P but don't use smoother than 180 grit. Apply your gel color ,cure, seal with gel top coat and cure that as well.

Lana, thanks so much!! that is what i thought but wanted to be sure- you have a great name by the way- same as my mom!!! i love this site it is so nice to be able to ask any question and get an answer!!! have a great night!!!:)

Latest posts

Back