Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simona

Reaction score
I have couple of nurses and dental assistant that come and get theyr nails done every two weeks. The only thing is that they are always lifting. could it be because they use latex gloves, that is what they tell me! I am not sure what to tell them.
Please give me some advice.

Simona said:
I have couple of nurses and dental assistant that come and get theyr nails done every two weeks. The only thing is that they are always lifting. could it be because they use latex gloves, that is what they tell me! I am not sure what to tell them.
Please give me some advice.

Hi SImona - I were latex gloves on my boyfriends market stall and they have never caused my nails to lift....

and I am no scientist but that just sounds a bizzare theory but hell it wont the first time I am completely wrong :o

I think this is more to do with their nails drying out because they are in gloves all day. People with this type of job, need to use solar Oil frequently to counteract the drying out process.

It seems silly doesn't it that the more moist the environment for skin and nails the more dried out they become .. but it is true.

I did a full set on my step-daughter, she's a dental nurse, and they all came off within a week :sad:

Don't know whether this is true or not but I was told that Hibiscrub plays havoc with l&p

when i was training at rnh haslar in gosport hibiscrub and hibisol was so drying to my hands and nails also latex gloves as well.
i used handcream like it was going out of fashion

So the best thing to do is just to advice to use solar oil? I mean the nail won't come off but by the time they get here, its better for me to take them off and do them all over again. I was thinking about maybe making then come and get a fill every week? What do you think?

Thank you very much for all the feedback

Trouble is Simona some peeps can't commit to the time for coming in every week and you would have to give them a concession rate as well. Do you do a non porous gel as this would be perfect for this situation. I do a nurse's nails with gel, and she doesn't have any probs with lifting - mind you she came in last time with four broken as she had had to give cardiac massage to four people in one day.

Latest posts

Back