Quick questions Re: CND Natural powder.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a couple of quick ones regarding the CND natural powder.

1. I love wearing natural lately, cos I like people to wonder if my talons are real or not, but to my eye it doesn't look natural enough! It's sort of err-ing on grey in tone and people don't have grey nails.. (Hope I'm making sense!) I don't have the CND Custom Blend kit, but wondered if there was another colour powder I could go and buy to mix in with it to give it a more natural look?

2. I left my nails for weeks and they desperately needed a rebalance, But when I went to bring my smile line down, the natural powder wasn't giving me the coverage and my free-edge re-growth was showing thru'.. As I neded to be quick and get my nails done as I had to be somewhere I ended up doing the tips with white powder and I don't like them now! LOL! What could I have done to remedy that?

To be honest, NOBODY asks for natural, the people I see want "fake looking" (Their words.) square nails... Even when I am sprting natural almonds! Grrr! But shoudl anyone ever want natural then my 2 questions will need to eb answered.. Pretty please.

Thanks a million.
Miss B. xx

Ok from what Ive read I would suggest changing the natural powder for soft white to get a natural looking free edge. If you dont want to purchase the full custom blending kit you could buy the main colours seperately, golden glass, melting pot are two good ones that I have mixed with soft white to create a creamy free edge.

As for your rebalance if you dont like the white then remove it and reapply. If you create the free edge so that its a bit lower on the nail the regrowth shouldnt show through as quickly. Nail art is also a good way to discuise when you need a rebalance. Hope this answers your questions a bit.

Soory just read that second question again. To create a coverage powder you will need to use a powder that isn't transparent e.g perfect pink is so the nail will show through but flawless is a solid colour so will mask the nail underneith. You could make a mix up of 50/50 perfect pink to flawless, it won't give total coverage but will give enough without the 'false look'. hth

i find the best match to a natural free edge is made by mixing
4 parts natural
1 part soft white
and a tiny bit of yellow.

Miss_Biscuit said:
Hi all,

1. I love wearing natural lately, cos I like people to wonder if my talons are real or not, but to my eye it doesn't look natural enough! It's sort of err-ing on grey in tone and people don't have grey nails.. (Hope I'm making sense!) I don't have the CND Custom Blend kit, but wondered if there was another colour powder I could go and buy to mix in with it to give it a more natural look?

you could try adding a touch of yellow to the natural powder, add a smidge of soft white too - it looks lovely

2. I left my nails for weeks and they desperately needed a rebalance, But when I went to bring my smile line down, the natural powder wasn't giving me the coverage and my free-edge re-growth was showing thru'.. As I neded to be quick and get my nails done as I had to be somewhere I ended up doing the tips with white powder and I don't like them now! LOL! What could I have done to remedy that?

use the same mix as i stated - should do the trick

To be honest, NOBODY asks for natural, the people I see want "fake looking" (Their words.) square nails... Even when I am sprting natural almonds! Grrr! But shoudl anyone ever want natural then my 2 questions will need to eb answered.. Pretty please.

i like the natural look on my own nails now and again, so youre not on your own flower, and you are right about nobody wanting natural nails, but each to there own eh. good feeling tho when peeps do ask you "are they your own nails"

sorry not able to be more helpful, but hope my suggestion helps

louge said:
Ok from what Ive read I would suggest changing the natural powder for soft white to get a natural looking free edge. If you dont want to purchase the full custom blending kit you could buy the main colours seperately, golden glass, melting pot are two good ones that I have mixed with soft white to create a creamy free edge.

As for your rebalance if you dont like the white then remove it and reapply. If you create the free edge so that its a bit lower on the nail the regrowth shouldnt show through as quickly. Nail art is also a good way to discuise when you need a rebalance. Hope this answers your questions a bit.

Hiya,

I have soft white, and normal white and was a wearer of soft white before I bought the natural and just don't like white on me at all now, regardless of which shade, the soft white still stands out too much for me, but it is far nicer than normal white.

Thanks for the advice on those custim blend colours, didn't know you could get them seperately.

I will deffo soak off these horrible illuminous whites at some point, but it's gonna be at least a week until I get time!

Hi ya!

I have recently read on here that the natural powder is meant for zones 2 and 3.

I would try soft white for your rebalances. :)

xxx

louge said:
Soory just read that second question again. To create a coverage powder you will need to use a powder that isn't transparent e.g perfect pink is so the nail will show through but flawless is a solid colour so will mask the nail underneith. You could make a mix up of 50/50 perfect pink to flawless, it won't give total coverage but will give enough without the 'false look'. hth

I am gonna sound soooooo fussy, but I do not like the look of Flawless on it's own or mixed with Intense or Perfect, it always looks too mauvey on me and "fake" which is what I hate.... Sounds like I am talking myself in to parting with dosh for the custome blend kit huh?!

Thank you for your advice tho... I can see you point about lengthening the nail bed rather than covering the regrowth with the tip colour, a long nailbed always looks lovely and I am not blessed with them naturally.

angel fingers said:
i find the best match to a natural free edge is made by mixing
4 parts natural
1 part soft white
and a tiny bit of yellow.

Thank you so much... I was thinking yellow may be the missing colour but doubted myself as I thought I may look like a smoker afterwards! LOL!

tigerlilli said:
Hi ya!

I have recently read on here that the natural powder is meant for zones 2 and 3.

I would try soft white for your rebalances. :)

xxx

That's odd as my CND tutor said it was for tips as I was going to buy clear and she said natural was better for tips and recommends Intense Pink for the beds.

Is Natural not too Opaque-y for the beds? have you used it that way at all?

Miss_Biscuit said:
Thank you so much... I was thinking yellow may be the missing colour but doubted myself as I thought I may look like a smoker afterwards! LOL!

lol, just a tiny bit of yellow, it always looks more yellow than you think once you have added the monomer and glossed it up. easy does it !

Peter Pan said:
Miss_Biscuit said:
Hi all,

you could try adding a touch of yellow to the natural powder, add a smidge of soft white too - it looks lovely

use the same mix as i stated - should do the trick

i like the natural look on my own nails now and again, so youre not on your own flower, and you are right about nobody wanting natural nails, but each to there own eh. good feeling tho when peeps do ask you "are they your own nails"

sorry not able to be more helpful, but hope my suggestion helps

Thanks for your reply, the 2nd one to suggest mixing with soft white and yellow... Do you have finished nail pictures of this mix at all?

Awww... Do you know what tho'.. I reckon give it a year and natural will be as big as square whites have been... I don't mean to offend and I am sporting square whites right now, but they look so tired, dated and may I utter the word?.. A bit "chav" (So sorry to offend if I have.) it's just a passe look IMHO... I'll prob get mauled now....
:Scared:

Miss B. xx

angel fingers said:
lol, just a tiny bit of yellow, it always looks more yellow than you think once you have added the monomer and glossed it up. easy does it !

Thank you... I have noted that!

What is the name of the Creative YELLOW BTW please?

Mosaic Golden Glass.[yellow]

XX J XX

jnail said:
Mosaic Golden Glass.[yellow]

XX J XX

Thanks very much.

Miss_Biscuit said:
That's odd as my CND tutor said it was for tips as I was going to buy clear and she said natural was better for tips and recommends Intense Pink for the beds.

Is Natural not too Opaque-y for the beds? have you used it that way at all?

Hi
do you have perfect pink? this is much more popular than Intense pink (intense is what is says,....intense...its a darker pink, imo better suited to darker skin)

I use tips mostly, but if sculpting I use either white or a mix of white/pink/yellow for zone 3, and perfect pink for 1 and 2

Latest posts

Back