Quickest method to remove and retape tape hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the U.S....was never told to re tape...not sure if the ones I use can be re taped, will have to try it....the solution I use to take them out of the hair is too oily.

Thanks so much :D
Have you ever used aussie dream girls in Australia?
I am in Ireland and I was thinking of trying them thanks x

No I haven't but I have heard of them xx

I removed some tape yesterday i was mortified!!! It was so sticky i couldnt get it off the hair and now i have to go back to try n get it out! I try the c22 was doing nothing and i used the options remover and that seemed a little better but it was very hard and everything was sticking to my fingers!!! :(

I removed some tape yesterday i was mortified!!! It was so sticky i couldnt get it off the hair and now i have to go back to try n get it out! I try the c22 was doing nothing and i used the options remover and that seemed a little better but it was very hard and everything was sticking to my fingers!!! :(

Oh no you poor thing! I have been in those situations before and it is not nice. What tape are you removing? I find proflex very messy with the c22 remover. the supertape (blue) removes very easy with the rubbing alcohol.
Hope that helps and I hope you get sorted today :)

I use wasp hair in Australia and their remover is great. But on my own hair I have used an argon oil spray and they just slipped out. But a pain to wash out of the extensions and the hair :eek:

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh no you poor thing! I have been in those situations before and it is not nice. What tape are you removing? I find proflex very messy with the c22 remover. the supertape (blue) removes very easy with the rubbing alcohol.
Hope that helps and I hope you get sorted today :)

I used AR tape! I used alcohol based remover and c22 and it wasnt budging at all! Just hope i can get it all out for her xx

I used AR tape! I used alcohol based remover and c22 and it wasnt budging at all! Just hope i can get it all out for her xx

Aww gosh really :(

Out of curiosity for myself .. I've considered doing a tape hair course ( currently offer pre bonded, micro rings, shrinkies and la weave ) .. Is it completely different to any other method? Ie. I was told on my course that hair extensions should only ever be in the hair for no longer than 3 months , then once removed the hair should have a break in between a refit.. Which I find some clients hate .. I've got one girl that gets them removed and because her hair is so short and fine she wears her clip ins everyday until her refit .. Which I said isn't giving her hair a full rest from the weight of extensions .. But she won't listen and I know she just hates her natural hair and doesn't feel confident.

Out of curiosity for myself .. I've considered doing a tape hair course ( currently offer pre bonded, micro rings, shrinkies and la weave ) .. Is it completely different to any other method? Ie. I was told on my course that hair extensions should only ever be in the hair for no longer than 3 months , then once removed the hair should have a break in between a refit.. Which I find some clients hate .. I've got one girl that gets them removed and because her hair is so short and fine she wears her clip ins everyday until her refit .. Which I said isn't giving her hair a full rest from the weight of extensions .. But she won't listen and I know she just hates her natural hair and doesn't feel confident.

Most of my clients are the same they always have clip i s at the ready, x

You could have the client buy two tape-kits.
Then you can take the old kit home and re-tape and put the new kit in. Next time, you'll have the "old" extensions re-taped and ready for new install?
Would that work for you?

Most of my clients are the same they always have clip i s at the ready, x

Are you able to reapply as soon as possible with tape extensions? Is there no required resting period in between like bonded etc?xx

Hi everyone!
So glad I stumbled across this thread, I've been doing tape in services and find it such a pain to do a removal & reapplication in 2 appointments.

As I use the c-22 remover and find I have to wash& dry the extensions & my clients hair.

I would LOVE to be able to do it in one appointment.

I've heard some stylists remove and reapply in one session as they don't wash the remover out of the extensions or the clients hair—what is everyone's opinion on this method????
** I'm not sure my clients will like it and may feel dirty not washing their hair nor the extensions??

Thanks xx

I used to love tape but its time consuming so I am back to fitting wefts again.

If I ever re tape hair then I do it in two sessions usually putting them back in a couple of days later. Takes me around 2 and a half hours to wash, dry get the sticky mess off and re tape., it's such a sticky mess but I think I'd rather be rid of the c-22. I've seen some people use rubbing alcohol to remove the tapes... it's meant to be less messy x

Why would you make your clients buy new hair that is perfectly fine to reuse? My hair lasts me and my clients for 12 months with retaping and plus you actually make more money out of retaping because it's a messy job and I always charge as much as I think is reasonable I make more for retaping than fittings with new hair.
How long do your clients have the tapes in for before buying new hair?

How much do you charge for removal, retape and fitting?

Latest posts

Back