Quiet start to November

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruc123

Reaction score
hows everyones November been so far?? im hoping its the calm before the storm...

I had my first really quiet day since I opened 5 months ago. It was so strange! The rest of my week is full but Monday was dead., makes you worry sometimes doesn't it! X

That's just how it is this time of year. People are saving up for the holidays, but they're going to start booking up closer to Christmas for work parties and stuff.

i know makes you panick!!! im like ahhh but tryin not to stress

I've had the quietest 3 weeks ever . This week is looking better definitely worrying but hoping the calm before the storm x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi we have been quiet yesterday and today but rest of week we are fully booked - looking back over the last few years November is generally a quieter month x

I've been pretty ok so far, then this week is dead quiet...except for Saturday, which is rammed to the point of turning people away as there are simply no more ways i can squeeze someone in.

From next week onwards it's pretty busy until Christmas, not fully booked because most of my clients like to book the week of, but busy for my book now xx

Hiya, are you retailing Christmas gifts to make up for being quieter. It's a perfect time as many clients like to be organised. This year I've gift wrapped in nice Christmas cellophane bags with a gift tag and they are flying off the shelf.

Hope it gets busier for you soon

This month is pretty much dead for me too, only a handful of clients a week and a couple of pamper parties.
October was packed which surprised me!
But diary is filling up for next month so I must admit, it's been quite nice to catch up on some things and start my Xmas shopping whilst I have the chance!

In comparison to the rest of the year it has dropped off but I did expect this. Tuesday and Wednesdays seem quietest then I'm full Thursday Friday and busy Saturday too. But I purposely organised a Christmas shopping night mid November to hopefully get some more money coming in. Then my December is already booking up.

i know makes you panick!!! im like ahhh but tryin not to stress

haha I know the feeling! It actually hasn't been too bad for me, but I've been working tirelessly since I've moved here to build up the clientele that I currently have. (More so the beginning of this year than anything!) It's not as busy as it was in summer, but it's not as dead as when I first started so that's ok.

Don't stress yourself out. Maybe start announcing to your clients you are taking prebooked appointments for the Christmas/New Year holiday now to avoid having to turning away last minute bookings? That should help put you at ease a little when you see your diary fill up a bit. :) And don't forget to take a deposit for those weeks!

It is quiet too for us. We only opened in June of this year so its even worse as were still trying to get our name out there. I am hoping things will pick up near Xmas. Keeping positive. :)

Its a seasonal thing, just take the time to review what you need to do for next year. I try to look on the bright-side and think along the lines of "I'm free for a tea/coffee break!", get on with my paperwork etc.

Dont focus too much on it being quiet it will pick up.

I read a article recently that suggested that we have a British Grooming time that ends on October 15th, basically suggesting that we all hibernate after that time and cant be bothered to get our legs and bits done! For a daily fail article it was quite funny! xoxo

thanx geeks! yes i have brouggt some retail in to try and sell but just going to make up some nice packs to sell book is starting to fill up again..and yes I will have to start the dreaded paperwork as always leave that till last minute! hahaha

Latest posts

Back