Quitting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
As most will know from some recent posts I've put on here that I've had a pretty bad run with horrible clients this year.

3 weeks ago I was given promotion and head hunter by a company i worked as locum nurse for, which means I now work set hours during the week and in charge of up to 15 nursing staff!

My heart after 14 years of doing bridal work is no longer in it as I'm fed up of this currently trend of some brides feeling that they can behave any way they want 'because it's their big day' some of their behaviour towards has left me in tears, shaking and in shock and I'm an ex copper!

Today is the last trial I will be doing, and if all goes well today this client will be my last wedding for the foreseeable future.

I will still be doing nails, but no weddings!

I can only wish you luck.

I have done several weddings lately. I don't advertise them, it is usually existing clients or ones that come to the salon. I did one a few weeks ago that I didn't really enjoy and was set to drop them from my list and did one yesterday that was lovely but I'm still planning to drop them. I just can't do with the hassle!

I have read many of your posts and think you have had a particularly tough time with some very unpleasant sounding brides.
Very Best of luck

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks!

I just don't enjoy them and more and I just dread trials etc now.

the second to last week I did this month a bridesmaid through my lovely Italian hangbag that I bought I'm Turin across the room out of anger as she thought is was her friends.

It landed in the cats litter tray and was ruined. I was so upset, but I not once for an apology etc

At the same wedding I had a can of coke knocked all over my tongs again no offer of replacement etc.

The MOTB them expected me to give her husband a clipper cut for free. I don't do men's hair and if I did I wouldn't do it for free.

Congratulations on your promotion. :)

It sounds like a great opportunity to excel in a new direction and re-gain your self esteem.

I'm sorry to hear what a tough time you've had of it and agree with you about bridezillas. Some people think the world revolves around them. Goodness knows why?

Best of luck with it all. x :hug:

The wedding industry has really changed since I started 14 years ago as never had any of these behavioural problems with clients back then.

I would get the odd one that would upset and nervous on the wedding day, but now some of them display rather disturbing and quite frankly not normal behaviour over one day and they feel justified that because they are the bride they can behave in sadistic and abnormal way and get away with it.

Weddings seem to have become about everything but love and dignity and it's so shameful and embarrassing. I am engaged to be married and I keep begging my other half to let the wedding be small because I don't want to make a fuss.

So sorry to hear of the extreme clients you have!

It's probably not wedding specific in some ways either. When I worked in spas there were often women who were very misinformed about the spa etiquette and thought it was about swanning about in a dressing gown expecting to be waited on hand and foot beyond the treatment time they had paid for. Can't be doing with it.

Congratulations on your promotion :)

Well I just had my last trial and the bride turned up with her MUM even though I asked not to bring anyone due to not having the space:-/

She stood at the door crying as she couldn't cope with the 'stress if planning a wedding'

She they then came in I made them coffee and she's still crying.

Difficult when having her hair and makeup done.

I feel so drained and I'm dreading her wanting to book me for her wedding day

I REALY don't know what to do for the best

Wow, reading this I am so glad I dont do wedding makeup. This is disgraceful the way people think they can treat someone this way just because its their Wedding day.

I think it sounds like you are making the right choice In quitting and sticking to your other job. Best of luck and congrats on your promotion!

Well I just had my last trial and the bride turned up with her MUM even though I asked not to bring anyone due to not having the space:-/

She stood at the door crying as she couldn't cope with the 'stress if planning a wedding'

She they then came in I made them coffee and she's still crying.

Difficult when having her hair and makeup done.

I feel so drained and I'm dreading her wanting to book me for her wedding day

I REALY don't know what to do for the best

Why don't you leave the wedding make-up world with a bang on your own terms .. rather than the bride deciding if SHE wants YOU tell her YOU don't want HER.

Advise her that she failed the trial wedding make-up due to her lack of control of emotions and inability to follow simple instruction (not to bring a third person) and that as a result you must decline any request for on-the-day wedding make-up. :wink2: :cool: :twisted: :mad: :evil:

I would not suggest this approach ordinarily but it's your last appointment ... let her take one for all the bridezillas you have had to deal with over the last year.

Go out in full control of the situation not as a beaten-down puppy :hug:

You might choose not to take my advice - I am in a devilish mood today :)

I have set her a message saying that after the trial today I am unable to do the wedding and explained why.

Her wedding is on the 6th sept and she ignored my advice to have a trial earlier.

In 14 years I have only had to do this 3 times and all have been down to their behavioural problems.

I can not risk her having melt down on the day of the wedding (which I think she will anyway given todays performance) and having her mother fussing around her and making it ten times worse.

It's unfair on me as I felt so uneasy with her and I just wanted them to leave ASAP. I felt couldn't do my best as a hair /makeup stylist, and she was also demanding I spend 4 hours with her so everything is perfect:-/

I don't need this sh$t at the moment as I waiting for a hospital apt as I have found a lump which is getting bigger and more painful and having someone create over something and nothing is just beyond me at the moment.

Are you married?

I've just read this as you've dumped a bride 2 weeks before because she cried and bought her mum to the trial. I think it's quite normal to want a bit of support or second opinion in this case.

2 weeks before my wedding the only stress I had was people letting me down- difficult guests and an unreliable supplier. On top of her emotions she now has to find a new make up artist!

I would have got married in an empty room in my pjs at this point.

I ended up ditching my make up artist and spent the money on make up and a lesson instead.

Glad you went out with a bang tho.......

Good for you, good luck for the future x

:)

I think you've done absolutely the right thing - our jobs should be something we enjoy not get stressed out because of women who can't organise themselves properly or control their behaviour. Well done and good luck in your new job :hug:

I'm not married.

I told her prior to the trial I had no room to accommodate a third person and put in her contract about bringing extra people due to space issues etc, yet she put me in position where I was forced to have some in my home and had nowhere to put them.

Her mum spend the whole trial on and off her phone and chatting and it was destruptive.

She didn't just 'cry' it was a tantrum in the communal entrance to my flat, and go knows what my neighbours think.

I spent 30 mins of the beginning of the trial trying to calm her down and making her and get mum coffees again I bet my neighbours heard her.

Her mum kept getting up and 'going to the loo' throughout the time they were here

Throughout the trial the bride passive aggressive and would not give clear instructions on what she wanted.

I have done many brides over the 14 years and this is not normal behaviour, if she is behaving like this in my home god knows what she will like at her parents home in the wedding day.

She and her mother made me feel uneasy in my home home and I was effectively bullied into let her mum in my house.

Are you married?

I've just read this as you've dumped a bride 2 weeks before because she cried and bought her mum to the trial. I think it's quite normal to want a bit of support or second opinion in this case.

2 weeks before my wedding the only stress I had was people letting me down- difficult guests and an unreliable supplier. On top of her emotions she now has to find a new make up artist!

I would have got married in an empty room in my pjs at this point.

I ended up ditching my make up artist and spent the money on make up and a lesson instead.

Glad you went out with a bang tho.......

Her contract was for the trial only and I fulfilled that. Had she read my contract she would of seen the section in behaviour.

I am not dumping her as she does not have a wedding day contract with me and no money changed hands for her wedding day.

It doesn't matter what any of us have to say about your situation - they are all opinions and they don't have to affect you in any way at all.

Do what you want to do and what you feel is right for you - not for the bride.

xx

It doesn't matter what any of us have to say about your situation - they are all opinions and they don't have to affect you in any way at all.

Do what you want to do and what you feel is right for you - not for the bride.

xx

Funny because your post above suggested she did it as revenge for all those horrible brides over the years.

Thank you.

Indeed I did say that.

I also said not to listen to my advice as I am in a devilish mood today.

And the post to which you refer suggests that our collective opinions are just that. Opinions. And she should do what is right for her.

Which she should.

My decision is not out of revenge, but bases on an understanding that the client and I are not a good match and that she needs to find someone that can either handle or not care about her behaviour.

It would be unfair on both parties for me do this wedding as I can not handle her behaviour which I feel will be worse on the day it's self. I'm doing her and me a favour.

I can not do my best work while someone is in full melt down mode or on the edge of a melt down as it makes me uneasy and my work suffers.

Maybe the next person she hires will be able to handle her or she might behave!

Funny because your post above suggested she did it as revenge for all those horrible brides over the years.

What a absurd thing to say! Good luck OP with your new job. X

Latest posts

Back