Radical vs Retention +

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancynails

Reaction score
Hi all!!

What´s the difference between retention+ and radical?

I´ve have done nails whit both off them but I can´t see any difference:rolleyes:

Someone who knows? And will shine some light over it for me?

And also solarnail powder and perfect powder?

And I have to say I like working whit L&P:lol: (But I love Brisa:lol:)

Thanks. :hug:

Retention + for lift prone clients
Radical for clients who are harder on their nails with more breakages

i was reading my notes from one of my creative classes and it says solar is for lift prone clients as you need primer with it
retention needs no primer because its in the monomer and when cured it givesa hard as diamonds finish which makes it scratch resistant.

According to the paperwork from my course;

Retention+ is a keratin bonding making it better for lift prone clients - the use of primer is optional.

Radical is a reinforced cross linking liquid good for clients who's enhancements are prone to cracking and chipping. Primer recommended

Perfect Powder - Are made with newest polymer technology, they shrink less which helps prevent centre pocket lifting and breakdown and is faster setting (I think)

Solar Powder is a cross linking powder, a medium set with a creamier flow.

Personally I have only ever used Perfect powders so can't comment on any differences, and I have only used Radical liquid a few times, mainly when I was practising and tbh I never really noticed a difference.

hth:)

As you would expect, the differences, are chemical and not something that would be obvious to the naked eye.

Both are visually beautiful and with tremendous longevity ... it is the science that is different.

There are other threads that go into more of the differences. For the technician, the feel and handle of the product is the same, and the mix ratio is the same. It is the Clients that will notice the difference if you are solving a problem for them.

As for the powders, the Perfect Colour Powders were developed for use with Radical and Retention+liquids and frankly these powders work better with the product than the older Solar Powders which were more suited to the less technologically advanced liquids like Solar Nail and Contours etc.

I was at the Nail Olympia and i did have the great fortune to see Ketan Patel working at the CND stand, and he told us that Radical is the best liquid for clients who has soft ore thin nails because Retention+ is to hard a liquid to work on thes kind of nails. Great tip, so i went back to Denmark calling the CND here and ordered the last 6 bottles they have in stock, because they wont take in home any more, saying that most people use Retention+ today, so no more Radical liquid for us nail tech i Denmark :-(

By the way that Ketan Patel AMAZING nail tech and great sence of humour, i envy you british nail tech to have the opertunity to have him as a teacher :)

Latest posts

Back