Rainbow/mermaid hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXxCaZxXx

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good permanent colour range for rainbow and pastel colours? Thanks guys xxxx

But regardless of whether you use permanent tint or diect deposit, those tones only last a few washes anyway.

@jaymz can help you out I bet :) his pics on ig are rainbowtastic!

Thanks guys. I know it will fade, haha all colour does! But I want one that lasts longer than all the wash out ones x

Thanks Kahuna!
A lot of colour lines do some pastel shades. Have you tried the blondeme toners or the new pearlessence ranges from igora. But to be honest for the vibrant shades you will get much better results of the client follows the correct aftercare. :)

-edit-
Also avoid splatt colours. They say they are permanent but they are next to impossible to get out of the hair.

Last edited:
I hear great things about Pravana, I would love to try it. I'm currently using coloured bleach and manic panic.

Thank you! Yeah I've seen Pravana too but there doesn't seem to be a UK distributer x

I hear great things about Pravana, I would love to try it. I'm currently using coloured bleach and manic panic.

What's coloured bleach? I don't think I've seen it?

Gold well elumen? x

Elumen is a colour not a bleach

Elumen is a colour not a bleach

I think Tamzsid was replying to the OP not me. :) I've used Goldwell Elumen at college but I'm sure it wasn't as vivid as the direct dyes you can get.

I can't work out how a bleach can be coloured. That's why I asked. I'm really intrigued now.

I think Tamzsid was replying to the OP not me. :) I've used Goldwell Elumen at college but I'm sure it wasn't as vivid as the direct dyes you can get.

I can't work out how a bleach can be coloured. That's why I asked. I'm really intrigued now.
I've just asked on another thread :) I'm surprised elumen isn't so vibrant!? I've never used it yet but was seriously considering investing in it, it's a really large outlay to get the full range so I've been dragging my heels a bit :/

I've not used the goldwell ellumen but there used to be a contributor on here called Colourgirly who swore by it for its longevity and vididness

I've not used the goldwell ellumen but there used to be a contributor on here called Colourgirly who swore by it for its longevity and vididness
I miss CG :(

I know you do Kahuna... I thought she (or he) was a wealth of knowledge but sometimes the way she put her point across was a bit harsh... I'm being polite! I was scared of her (or him!)

I was scared of her too, but i learn the most from people who scare me!

Last edited:
No need to have been scared!? Just don't say dull things :rolleyes: And you won't get corrected lmaoo o_O

Am I scary @tsparker78 ... Actually no lol don't answer that o_O

For the record CG was a her lol

Aww I miss her too[emoji17]

I've used elumen many times it's more vibrant the lighter you prelighten and you can make wonderful colours with it . A few months ago I did level 2 n roots all over then elumen blue on 3/4 head then over bleach slices down one side peacock colours it looked beautiful ,but you have to be sure you want it it's a nightmare to remove even with return , I had an eighty year old 100% white lady who went for purple side fringe faded slightly but lasted till cut out.

Wow! Sounds like elumen is the way to go for vibrant colors if you are committed!

Latest posts

Back