Rant / advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonda

Reaction score
Just had a bust up with the salon manager I'm renting nail space from.

1 of her regulars was in this morning, having her hair done, she mentions she wants her feet done with the beautician & her NSS acrylics repainted with Gelish with me.
So while she's developing her colour she comes to me, I mention that if she wants I can put the same polish on her toes.
Now me & this client get on, so we're giggling away.
I finish her nails, she goes back to have her hair done, then heads over to the beautician, so I start cleaning up, beautician asks me if the Gelish i put on the clients toes at Christmas can be filed off, I said no it needs to be soaked but only takes 10 minutes.
So I drop the cleaning, jump in the chair & start soaking the polish off. While laughing with the client the manager comes in, says I should concentrate on doing my job rather than laughing, I should have done this earlier & that now the client is running behind.
I kept quiet, finished the client.
Went back to cleaning, manager comes to the back to have a smoke, where I inform her that its not my fault the client is now running late as I didn't know about the old polish still being on & that I don't appreciate being told off infront of a client.
Her reply was that my lack of communication could have found that out instead of talking about our personal lives.
I reiterated it was not my fault as I was not doing the pedicure only the polish.

Now when the client came in yesterday to book in for hair, I forgot to put her down for the pedicure, but there was loads of time for the beautician to fit her in.
However the beautician was running 30 minutes late this morning, so the client really had to be squeezed in.

Half an hour after the first telling off, she comes back to me to say if I'd booked her in properly it'd have been ok, but the way I look at it, it wouldn't have mattered what time I'd booked her in if the beautician was running late !!

I'm absolutely fed up, I have about 3 clients per week, earn less than £100 on average, thankfully only pay per set so its in the managers interest to promote me otherwise she doesn't get paid. I've got the website, yell & Gumtree listings, flyers dropped, vouchers given to schools for raffles, Facebook pages, competitions, you name it, I've tried.

But I'm now so fed up with trying to make it work, I don't need these issues with the salon manager.

I don't think I could get in another salon, don't have a driving licence due to medical issues so can't do mobile.

I just don't have the heart to do it anymore yet have put over £5k into training & stock, so feel so stuck.

Help !!

You have just had a bad day :hug:
We have all mucked up the appointment book and had a disagreement with management along the way.
Yes the Manager should not have spoken to you in front of the client, but she is human, and was obviously having a bad day herself, what with juggling appointments and a beautician running late lol!
Tomorrow is another day, and I am sure it will be better.

Firstly have a chat with the manager, you are self employed, and if you and the client are talking and laughing its nothing to do with her.
She is your landlords manager not your manager remind her of that. As for the appointment book, I doubt she's perfect and never makes mistakes. She will get over it. The beautician should know the basics of polishes of she's worthy of her bed and so should have known it needed soaking.

My advice is have a word tomorrow and just remind the manager your position in the salon and her position in regards to you. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back