Rant for the day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getnailed0x

Reaction score
I was off yesterday, I work in a hair salon and one of the girls told me she had a lady come in to get her hair done. The lady then asks if anyone has had any complaints on me, bewildered she said no and the lady proceeds to tell her that I done her fill in or gel polish 3 weeks ago, and that they have started to lift, peel and break and that when she goes "to the nail salon down the road that she can go a month to a month and half without issues"!!

I quoted that bc that is what she said. Okay for one I'm at a loss for who she is, I've only been working here for about 5 or so weeks so she had to have been a walk in from the stylist since she wasn't on my book and I always write what service they request or get. And second, she told the girl she couldn't remember if she has acrylic or gel polish!!

Either way 3 weeks is overdue and I'm not responsible, it just irks me that she would say that in general and since I am using non MMA products I specifically tell all of my clients that my products may not work or bond with what they have, it's always best to start over when converting someone. As for her gel polish it's been 3 weeks it's time to re do them anyways I just wish she would have came to me and talked. It's so hard to get stubborn people to understand that we are protecting their nails instead of ruining them.

Feel free to post your rants as well. It always helps to get it out lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I was off yesterday, I work in a hair salon and one of the girls told me she had a lady come in to get her hair done. The lady then asks if anyone has had any complaints on me, bewildered she said no and the lady proceeds to tell her that I done her fill in or gel polish 3 weeks ago, and that they have started to lift, peel and break and that when she goes "to the nail salon down the road that she can go a month to a month and half without issues"!!

I quoted that bc that is what she said. Okay for one I'm at a loss for who she is, I've only been working here for about 5 or so weeks so she had to have been a walk in from the stylist since she wasn't on my book and I always write what service they request or get. And second, she told the girl she couldn't remember if she has acrylic or gel polish!!

Either way 3 weeks is overdue and I'm not responsible, it just irks me that she would say that in general and since I am using non MMA products I specifically tell all of my clients that my products may not work or bond with what they have, it's always best to start over when converting someone. As for her gel polish it's been 3 weeks it's time to re do them anyways I just wish she would have came to me and talked. It's so hard to get stubborn people to understand that we are protecting their nails instead of ruining them.

Feel free to post your rants as well. It always helps to get it out lol

What a stupid woman ! she obviously doesnt listen. Hope she goes back to that nail bar and her nails bleed !!:eek: will be posting my rants if I get any here.

I have been advertising for eyelash models. Had a few enquiries today via Facebook.
Gave the enquiries all the details and asked for a small payment of £40. For one of the people to reply saying that it was expensive and that they could get them for £15, and that the ones for £15 were on a strip and would last longer. I advised them these were classed as strip lashes and would not last no where need as long as semi perm. For this person to reply saying I was ripping people off. Annoyed just a tad :( x

Leely x

I have been advertising for eyelash models. Had a few enquiries today via Facebook.
Gave the enquiries all the details and asked for a small payment of £40. For one of the people to reply saying that it was expensive and that they could get them for £15, and that the ones for £15 were on a strip and would last longer. I advised them these were classed as strip lashes and would not last no where need as long as semi perm. For this person to reply saying I was ripping people off. Annoyed just a tad :( x

Leely x
some people seriously need to be educated !

Leely x

Let them go, these people are seriously not the type of clients that you want :)

My turn.

My mobile hairdresser is on holidays so I asked my friend if she knew anyone and she recommended her neighbour who also works mobile. I rang her and we arranged for her to come to my house for a patch test and consultation on Tuesday.

Tuesday comes and goes, no hairdresser.

I text her on Wednesday evening and ask if she's forgotten me. No, she says, just been mad busy. (No apology). I then arrange to go to her house today at 4:30 instead. I get there and there's no one home. I call her and she says she's out somewhere with her daughter and is running late. She offers to come to mine when she's finished. I told her not to bother, I will sort something else out.

Why didn't she at least text today she was running late but instead let me show up to her house when she knew I was coming and she wouldn't be there?

I'm fuming. :evil:

It would never enter my head to treat a new client (or any client) like this!

Latest posts

Back