Rapid Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjk100

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a Rapid tan?? which develops quickly?

Vani-t have a rapid tan called velocity give Hayley @ Gemini supplies a call for a sample I've tried it, it's great!

There are no rapid tans (that I know of and I researched well not too long ago) that develop quickly. The rapid part is how quickly you can wash off the guide colour rather than how quickly the tan will develop.

MOST rapid tans take a full 24 hours to produce the full depth of tan that will be achieved. There is usually some colour there within a few hours but they continue to develop and deepen for 24 hours.

Hope that helps.

Yes as baggy bear stared that's completely true, but what impressed me was the amount of colour already on the skin after it was washed off a few hours later, I sampled this on a friend and saw her straight after!

The Beach bum tan is fabulous, I've tried it and it's a very natural looking tan , yes it carries on developing after being washed off . It can be washed off between 1-4 hrs but my paler clients are washing it off after 2 hrs and liking the colour. That's the best part every one of my clients have loved it x

I had a beach bum tan a couple of weeks ago & it was lovely, loads of people thought I had been on holiday, & it doesnt have that horrible gag inducing biscuit smell, fade off was great too :)

yeah or one that can b washed off sooner rather than later. Thanks guys xx

yeah or one that can b washed off sooner rather than later. Thanks guys xx

Sienna X do one called 'tonight's the night' but I haven't used it so can't recommend. I believe it's washed off between 2-6 hours (correct me if I'm wrong)
Rhiannon x

I've tried organics and Sienna x preferred the organics. You can wash off after an hour, it's still quite dark, found Sienna washed off to quite a light colour. Hth

There are no rapid tans (that I know of and I researched well not too long ago) that develop quickly. The rapid part is how quickly you can wash off the guide colour rather than how quickly the tan will develop.

MOST rapid tans take a full 24 hours to produce the full depth of tan that will be achieved. There is usually some colour there within a few hours but they continue to develop and deepen for 24 hours.

Hope that helps.

This is incorrect. Velocity has been developed and produced to achieve the same colour at wash off at the 3 hour mark as a traditional DHA tanning solution would produce at the 7-8 hour mark. It will continue to darken for the next 48 hours to reach full colouration whereas a traditional tanning solution will reach this peak at 24 hours.

This results not only in a true rapid tan which produces considerable colour at wash off but also a tan which lasts longer due to the later "kick in" stage of peak colouration.

There are many so-called rapid tans which are simply high DHA formulations which will have little if anycolour at wash off but will continue to darken to peak colour around the 24 hour mark. However, they do not achieve the depth or longevity of colour achieved with a true rapid tan.

OMG has a true rapid tan out soon that does develop quickly.

We have tested loads of so called 'rapid tans' and found, as you say Baggybear, most just don't work.

It has taken us around 8 months of research, development and testing to produce our new solution.

Watch this space :)

Latest posts

Back