RAPID TANS ... price difference (to charge)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipLiCiouS

Reaction score
hello geeks

just wanted to know, how much difference should there be in price between rapid tans and normal tans

thanks

I charge £5 extra as do many but many also charge £3 extra...think it would depend on the area u live and prices round about u, I have never struggled to get clients charging the extra :) xxx

I charge £5 extra as do many but many also charge £3 extra...think it would depend on the area u live and prices round about u, I have never struggled to get clients charging the extra :) xxx

thanks xx

I know some people charge the same amount for both solutions as the fast tan results dont last for as long as the 'normal' solutions.

I charge £5 more. It's proved alot more popular. The one I use lasts as long as the normal tan and clients prefer the fact that they can wash it off within 4 hours.

Out of interest, which one do you use as I've been looking at the rapid tans

I use Vani-T's velocity :) xx

I charge £5 more. It's proved alot more popular. The one I use lasts as long as the normal tan and clients prefer the fact that they can wash it off within 4 hours.

Which one so u use??

And how long does velocity wear?

If you would to try a velocity sample please message me and I'll send one out. I have my own beauty room and charge £3 extra for Velocity.

Which one so u use??

I tried most of them, and as I am very pale, it was hard to find one that looked good. I usually go for a good 10% depth. But the rapid one I use ticked all the boxes - Sienna x's tonightd the night. I leave it on for 4 hrs and end up a good 10! It lasts 7/8 days too.

When I offered Aviva Express rapid tan alongside my usual Fake Bake, I charged £5.00 extra, but that was because (a) it cost quite a bit more to buy and (b) being a syrupy consistency I used more solution per client.

Since March this year I've been offering Sienna-x's Tonight's The Night rapid tan and charge the same as Fake Bake - purely because it costs no more for me to buy, and I get the same number of tans per bottle as Fake Bake. It's gone down a storm and several of my clients have now converted as they absolutely love being able to shower-off the colour guide before bedtime. These same clients were shy about trying Aviva Express over the last year or two which eventually made me convinced it was the higher price putting them off. I charge £25.00 for a single spray tan and £20.00 each if there's 2+ clients at the same appointment.

I'm not sure if that helps you, but I guess if you calculate any cost difference between your rapid/traditional solutions and work it into your prices, you'll be both confident and justified in your price list.

Good luck xx

I know some people charge the same amount for both solutions as the fast tan results dont last for as long as the 'normal' solutions.

Sorry but have to disagree with this comment. The rapid tan I use consistently lasts longer on the skin on myself and my clients that an ordinary 8 hour processing tan. Also use less solution when applying the rapid so overall the cost per tan is comparative even though the solution per litre is more expensive.

Sorry but have to disagree with this comment. The rapid tan I use consistently lasts longer on the skin on myself and my clients that an ordinary 8 hour processing tan. Also use less solution when applying the rapid so overall the cost per tan is comparative even though the solution per litre is more expensive.

You are of course entitled to disagree but fast tans do state that they have a shorter life span for example Sienna X says it will last UP TO 5 days if you look after it correctly.
People may find that they get different results as we all tan differently and some people look after their tan better than others do but I do find most fast tans fade quicker that a 'normal' tan would.
As for using less solution that too depends on the solution as some fast tans are more of a syrupy consistency and that will result in more solution per tan - each solution is different and that is why there is so much choice out there. Should be something to suit everyone's needs.

lets take a moment to look at this issue from a helicopter perspective across the industry as a whole for a moment
Rapid tans in the UK are relatively new however the consumer has quickly identified the benifits of this type of spray tan.

If we look at the market in the USA and Australia these markets are a year or so ahead of us here in the UK and most salons use rapid tans now ....the consumer simply preferes the speed of development times...no more winging husbands in the mornings complaining of getting brown hands(tst tst tst :smack:) and not enjoying the smell of the DHA reacting with the skin through the night:eek::lol: :wink2:

So you gals have this season only me thinks to make hay and charge between £2.50 and £5 more for a rapid tan because this time next year all spray tan operators will be using rapid tans so competition will be stiff...and when that happens premium charges will start to dissapear

One further thing ...if you do charge say £2.50 extra for a rapid tan your cost of application over a standard solution becomes nil.....now that cant be a bad thing now can it.
Charge £5 and you make an extra £2.50 per tan

HTH :wink2::hug::Love:

Latest posts

Back