Rash after threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyddy

Reaction score
I had a client in for a full face thread yesterday afternoon. Everything was normal, slight erythema.

She's messaged me this morning to say she has a rash on her face. I've told her to apply a cool compress. She said she hasn't put make-up or creams on so I don't know what's caused the rash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 168
I get a rash whenever I thread or wax any area of my face. May just be one of them things. Tried every wax under the sun. I can only pluck.

I get a rash whenever I thread or wax any area of my face. May just be one of them things. Tried every wax under the sun. I can only pluck.

Thank you, maybe it's just one of those things. Just feel bed because she's at the races tomorrow.

It's a histamine reaction.

Basically her body is overreacting to the hair being pulling out from the root and sends a histamine response which causes the bodies natural defenses to heal this area quickly. It's hard to see from the photo but is it like loads of tiny little whiteheads and little red bumps? This is a completely normal reaction after any hair removal in an area for the first time/ first time in a while and i always warn clients who haven't waxed their lip or chin in a while that they may break out like this.

Some people are lucky and never have any reaction. I only have this reaction if its been longer than 4 or 5 weeks, but if i wax regularly it does not happen.

You can recommend an anti histamine tablet which should ease the symptoms for you client.

Latest posts

Back