Rate my nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurensbeauty

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to acrylics but I'm pretty proud of these few I've done what does everyone think out of 10 and any tips as I know the pinks are a little bumpy ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405440324.129147.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405440337.146413.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405440350.609088.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405440382.941693.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405440397.865075.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405440416.821001.jpg

Looks good for just starting Hun!
I won't give you a rate from 1-10 because I think it would be unfair as you are new to this and the scale is soo huge on what is good, great and bad!
But these look pretty good :)
My advice looking at these is a bit more file work to get rid of those bumps!
Be extra careful round the cuticle as you have a few cuts, use a softer grit around the cuticle area than you do on the rest of the acrylic and file lightly, let the file do the work :) this should eliminate a lot of the cuts!
Keep your acrylic nice and thin (but not too thin) with a good strong apex and this takes away the need for excess filing :)
Hope this helps and good luck! Just keep practicing!
Acrylics aren't something you can master quickly, unfortunately it is one of those skills that take time to get good at, but you are definitely on your way!
Look forward to seeing more of your work :D xxxxxx

Thanks Sian will definitely take that into consideration! thanks for the advice, anyone else???xx

Pretty much what was said above, extra filing is needed to smooth them out, make sure your side walls and shape of the nails all match. I would also like to suggest that perhaps use smaller beads in zones 1 & 3 to help make the enhancements look more natural. The acrylic should blend into the natural nail near the cuticle, you shouldn't be able to see where the acrylic starts (I hope this makes sense). I am at the same stage as you, I do find it hard (and a pain) but practice is key! Good luck!! :biggrin:

they look great for just starting out!
Question though; how the DEVIL do you get anything to stay on the practice finger? lol!! :o

Absolutely agree with sianpetersx, watch your acrylic application on zone 1, as this should sit flush with the natural nail. Its a good idea when you're practising to start lower down on a tip or practise nail so when you come to file, you can see more clearly where you are filing and what you are filing against (as this is really crucial that you are not filing into a clients nail bed as it will cause damage!). Loving all the different styles though!

Agree with other comments already posted.. you've a long way to go.

You've said you're new to nails, therefore, instead of trying to do anything arty, concentrate on doing sets without polishing, glitter etc..

If you aim to correct things in order, you'll get perfect nails but covering bumpy uneven shaped nails with polish that isn't overly neat as well makes them even harder to improve. I know myself that even now, after 4 years, I pick faults that I wouldn't otherwise see by looking at pictures - you need to be seeing these things without the art work to know where you're going wrong and how to change them from looking amateur to professional :)

They're not horrendous but there's faults on each picture, little things that could mainly be sorted with a file... align your side walls, make sure all nails are same length/shape, check your bead size when applying the acrylic - some look flat and dip...

Hope this comes across as constructive rather than being rude, I don't intend to be as I know you've just started out but make sure you can walk before you run, good luck xx

Latest posts

Back