Re-balancing baby boomer acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZNailz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
One question I have tried to research many a time but haven't been able to find anyone doing on video or anyone explaining is how to re-balance a baby boomer (ombre fade) nail.
Am I right in thinking that you would drill out the 'smile line' area and replace the white again but drag it over the nail body and then back-fill the pink so these overlap around the middle area?
Any explanation or video suggestion would be much appreciated :)

I file down to colour and remove the pink to expose the White, reshape and prep then reapply and blend pink to recreate the boomer effect and cap with clear X

Hi everyone,
One question I have tried to research many a time but haven't been able to find anyone doing on video or anyone explaining is how to re-balance a baby boomer (ombre fade) nail.
Am I right in thinking that you would drill out the 'smile line' area and replace the white again but drag it over the nail body and then back-fill the pink so these overlap around the middle area?
Any explanation or video suggestion would be much appreciated :)

Personally, I don't do this. I have found with my clients that as you aren't creating a perfect smile and white tip, removing the whole white area and making a new smile, as you would with a french, is unnecessary.

I just thin the current product as usual, prep and apply the ombre just as I did the first time, so the colour, fill and apex is all in the correct place x

Personally, I don't do this. I have found with my clients that as you aren't creating a perfect smile and white tip, removing the whole white area and making a new smile, as you would with a french, is unnecessary.

I just thin the current product as usual, prep and apply the ombre just as I did the first time, so the colour, fill and apex is all in the correct place x
Ah, ok. So just file down bulk of entire nail and essentially start again. Thanks so much. Much simpler!

Latest posts

Back