Re: maternity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 17weeks atm and work for a small company (not beauty related this job) for the first 6weeks of Matt leave I get 90%of my regular pay then for the remaining I get stat pay which is £136.40 a week. The company pay you then they can claim it back from the government. So in effect if its a small business it's only initially costing them the 6 weeks and the outlay which they get back of the stat pay. I ended up telling work I was pregnant before I wanted to tell everyone just incase they got wind of it somehow and reduced my hours or tried to get rid of me. X

I'm 17weeks atm and work for a small company (not beauty related this job) for the first 6weeks of Matt leave I get 90%of my regular pay then for the remaining I get stat pay which is £136.40 a week. The company pay you then they can claim it back from the government. So in effect if its a small business it's only initially costing them the 6 weeks and the outlay which they get back of the stat pay. I ended up telling work I was pregnant before I wanted to tell everyone just incase they got wind of it somehow and reduced my hours or tried to get rid of me. X

It's so hard isn't it! I would love another baby one day but I'm scared of that situation happening!

I know this is my first but It's a family business I work for who have zero experience with Matt leave so I though I'd best cover my back and tell them sooner. To be fair they have been great with appointments etc. and an employee takes the risk of employing people knowing that this could happen. I know a girl who did get pregnant and then she lost her job with a fight though she got the money she was entitled too! An it ended up costing her employer more as she hasn't been paying tax and insurance on her working there so more fool her in that case x

Sorry for the confusion, it was early.

SMP and MA is paid to you by the government. Anything above and beyond that is paid by your company.

The additional monies paid usually comes with rules though. For example you must come back from maternity leave for 3 months after having your baby or you have to pay the extra back so check your contract thoroughly if you are getting more than SMP or MA.

Xx

Latest posts

Back