Re-taped extensions and they've fallen out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hello!

I had a client in the other day for re taping. So I took off old tape, put on new tape and re applied. She's text saying 14 strips have come out after her first wash. Any advice on why this could be? I used the retape I had been sent by the company I bought the hair from.

Hiya did you wash the clients hair after the tape was removed? and how quickly did you re-tape the hair xxx

Yes I removed and washed her hair but I do this fairly often with extensions clients. I don't know how they would all come out after just one wash

Yes I removed and washed her hair but I do this fairly often with extensions clients. I don't know how they would all come out after just one wash

Did you retape and refit straight away?

Do you think the tape might be faulty? Maybe stored against a heat source so only side of the roll was dodgy?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

The tape seemed sticky enough when we applied!! I got in touch with the supplier and they said it was the first time they'd ever had someone mention this.

Id retape it and see what happens

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

The tape seemed sticky enough when we applied!! I got in touch with the supplier and they said it was the first time they'd ever had someone mention this.

Kimi I can't message you anymore until you delete some messages lol

Your to popular 😂

This happened to me a couple of times over the years this is why I am so hesitant to offer them to my clients. Anyway what I think was the problem for me was that I washed my hair say the next day after fitting them and when I was brushing my hair after a shower they just slide right out :(.....so if I leave them for say 2-3 days to "cure" before washing they stay good and don't slip.....

One other reason I found before was that I had left the tape out in the air and it actually did not work great so now I always store them in sealed containers hope that might help you :)

Well!!!

She came in and brought her "out" hair with her. It was all still stuck together! And hadn't pulled any of her hair out!

I just re taped reapplied and hoped for the best.

I was told to file down (with a nail file) on the silicone before re-applying new tape, so it sticks on better.

The tape had stuck well onto the strip, it slid off the hair.

The tape had stuck well onto the strip, it slid off the hair.
I just had the same with SJK tape, just had to go and re-tape the lot (3 packs) with Walkers tape from Hair planet !!!!
What company did you get the tape from ?
The original tape that the extensions came with was great, lasted 7 weeks. I bought the tape sold by the company but it was rubbish, soooo annoying!!

I use angel remy tape and it always a good hold

This just happened to a girl at my salon, to two of her clients she did the same day. We think it was dodgy tape. But the wholesalers were not helpful at all and just say it must of been something she done :( it's never happened before.

This might sound silly but did you retape on the right side of the tape. I once out a couple of the wrong side and they slid out. X

I use angel remy tape and it always a good hold
Is that the blue one on a roll, I just got some of that to try. It seems very wide though, do you cut it in half before applying it?

Latest posts

Back