re website query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alli

Reaction score
Just looking for some quick info, I'm in the process of getting website completed, now I thought that I would be able to update it myself, offers etc, but my designer has said that only he can do it and that it would cost me, is there any way that I can update it myself.
Thanks

It sounds like you need a CMS based website. That means Content Management System...and basically means you can log-in and change whatever you need to change.

There are various off-the-shelf type ones out there (such as Vistaprints offerings) but if you wanted a more bespoke solution you could do worse than have a word with Ruth Mills (have a search for that name on here first to see what people have to say about her work)

It sounds like you need a CMS based website. That means Content Management System...and basically means you can log-in and change whatever you need to change.

There are various off-the-shelf type ones out there (such as Vistaprints offerings) but if you wanted a more bespoke solution you could do worse than have a word with Ruth Mills (have a search for that name on here first to see what people have to say about her work)

Thanks Carl. Although my CMS isn't perfect yet - it still needs more work before I'm happy with it. So while modifying existing pages is usually easy enough, adding new ones still has to be done by me...

Can't you do rss feeds as this adds new content without the hassle? It depends upon what conent you want adding, if it is new treatments then you really should either add pages or add content to your treatments page. We have our own server and my hubby has learnt to add new pages just by looking at the code and messing about. But as a result, we can change our website as and when necessary.

You need to update your website regularly to keep the spiders happy.

Ruth, who would you recommend for a good, ethical, google friendly SEO company?

Can't you do rss feeds as this adds new content without the hassle? It depends upon what conent you want adding, if it is new treatments then you really should either add pages or add content to your treatments page. We have our own server and my hubby has learnt to add new pages just by looking at the code and messing about. But as a result, we can change our website as and when necessary.

You need to update your website regularly to keep the spiders happy.

Ruth, who would you recommend for a good, ethical, google friendly SEO company?

Am sure I could do RSS quite easily if I put my mind to it...

As for a good, ethical, Google-friendly SEO company, I'd suggest Noisy Little Monkey, SEO, Google AdWords, Social Media Consultants & Web Design For Small Business - Noisy Little Monkey Ltd - they have done some SEO for one of my clients and I have been really impressed with them. One word of warning though - their pricing isn't cheap - but then I guess you get what you pay for...

Latest posts

Back