Reaction to eyelash perm!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know if they used the glue? The glue makes my eyes sore so don't bother with it now...and I was also concerned when you said covered up? I do not cover the eyes at all...sounds like they are doing it all wrong...hope you fell better soon...such a shame xxx

hey the swelling and redness has gone down abit after using the hydrocortisone cream, but now the skin is going tight and dry, I guess its really damaged some layers of skin and im gonna shed!!!! xxx

Do you know if they used the glue? The glue makes my eyes sore so don't bother with it now...and I was also concerned when you said covered up? I do not cover the eyes at all...sounds like they are doing it all wrong...hope you fell better soon...such a shame xxx

Cover as in the domes? The heat retained helps them to work better. Or so I was led to believe during my training at college. I do use the glue but agree it's very smelly and can irritate. I patch test everything, even the cleansing lotion!

why would they use glue????:confused: she put sticky rods on my lash line stuck my lashes to them, applied perm lotion, placed a cotton wool pad over them and pushed it on a little (which i thought was strange cos it would absorb the lotion?), then some sort of plastic sheet, then a towel! they got hot!!!!! xx

Glue helps stubborn lashes stick to the rod although I wouldn't let it touch the skin.
I was also taught to cover to retain the heat but do check with client that they are not getting hot!

I think it depends on the brand because my one actually says in the manufacturers instructions to put adhesive on the lid before the rod, otherwise it sticks too much and won't come off the skin :/ it's from Sallys before anyone asks where I'm getting my supplies from dodgily ;)

Yeah I think manufacturers instructions are important to take in to account, not all systems are the same.
I think tbh it seems like she did it all correct except...patch test! The most important thing!

Agreed. Everyone knows to patch test! I had a client say to me I've had it done loads of times but you have to do it do you? And I just said yes unfortunately but it's just to protect you and your eyes cause you can't mess about with eyes. Thankfully she was grateful and told me not everywhere does them -cross-

Really glad you're feeling a bit better now hunie, wishing you a speedy recovery x

Latest posts

Back