Reaction to Solar Oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
I have a client who I have Gelished twice and got her to start using Solar Oil.

She started using it on Friday and this Monday (3 days later) has contacted me saying she is "having a reaction to it" and says "all round my cuticles and tips of fingers are flaky skin. Looks awful, shud I stop using it? X"

I have never come across this. The only time I've seen skin come away when using it is my hairdresser who had a very overgrown epinychium and after a few uses it shrunk right back and the dead part peeled away leaving a lovely neat nail plate.

Anyway, I've told her to stop using it whilst I investigate; checked for allergies, none; following all aftercare advice; no redness or itching; not picking etc.

She does have very dry skin around the nails so my initial thought is that it's a similar situation to my hairdresser - the Solar Oil expelling the dead skin and after continued use it will go. However I want to run it by you guys first to get your thoughts before ringing S2 for advice and/or referring her to GP.

I do have a photo but as usual, I am not allowed to upload from phone -.-

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

This must be a rarity then! Anyone any ideas what she can use instead?

Solar Oil is made up of botanical oils ... I would be very surprised at any reaction to it other than the exfoliation of dead skin cells. If she is not itching or inflamed I would tell her to keep using it for a fortnight and I think she will see a change.

This must be a rarity then! Anyone any ideas what she can use instead?

A rarity? Absolutely. Are you sure the reaction is to SolarOil and not to something else she is using? Or to the Gelish? I have never heard of a reaction like this to SolarOil...

Indeed Geeg, that is what I told her and thank you for confirming my thoughts.

Yes have checked with her and been through everything she uses but she says this only started when she used the oil. There is no redness or itching so as far as I can tell it's not a "reaction" as such. Her skin does appear to be 'reacting' to the use of solar oil but in a positive way.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Latest posts

Back