Really White client!for spray tan..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
I've got 3 really White clients on fri none of which tan in the sun at all! Would you only use an 8% on them or would any of you use a 10%?? Thanks.xx

Hi there

If they are white because they have really pale skin then definitely an 8% but if they tan well in the sun you could try a 10%.

If not sure opt for the 8%. They will still get a lovely glow.

Caroline xx

You don't say what brand of tan you are using? With Sienna X we are taught that the % refer to the skin type you are using and therefore 8% for the pale skins and also for when you are doing someone for the first time until you know how their skin reacts.

I did an experiment on my thigh once - I have light skin. I cut a square in some card and then sprayed three squares of 8% on my thigh, and then oversprayed one of the squares once and then the last square twice so that one square had one coat, one square had two coats and one square had three coats. Fascinating experiment I'd recommend. I had three perfect squares of different brown intensities and no orange in sight. So if someone wants a darker tan, I will overspray them rather than use a higher %.

In my early days of tanning I had a very white skinned client. Her hair was verging on white too. And I blipped on my tanning technique for some stupid reason and she was dripping in places which I padded off and left her looking OK with her guide colour. I didn't see her the next day but she was very unhappy with the result. What I learned from that was that I would be extra careful with whiter skin clients and make sure I use the lightest spray I could until I knew how their skin reacted to the tanning solution.

However, I think everyone's brands of tanning solution are different and I think they behave differently. Good luck! Caroline x

I did an experiment on my thigh once - I have light skin. I cut a square in some card and then sprayed three squares of 8% on my thigh, and then oversprayed one of the squares once and then the last square twice so that one square had one coat, one square had two coats and one square had three coats. Fascinating experiment I'd recommend. I had three perfect squares of different brown intensities and no orange in sight. So if someone wants a darker tan, I will overspray them rather than use a higher %.

Great tip! x

8% definately if they are very pale and do not tan naturally. I have loads of this type of skin toned client works a treat with A Tans 8%. Im yet to try Nouvatans 8% but will do once the A Tan has gone, the rest of their range is superb. They should have a patch test first though. Or fresh indulgence offer a 7%, you can buy a good size sample which would supply 3 full body tans so you wouldnt lose out financially.

Ok brilliant tips girls! I think I'll go with 8% and spray lightly.fingers crossed hey!xx

hi i am a mobile tanner yet i have glow in the dark white skin lol i have used sienna 8% on myslelf which comes out ok but yet i still look very dark brill for a night out on the town but not for say a wedding or a ball or something like that and also looked to dark on photos. i ahve just foind a 6% which came the other day so gonna try that on my thigh may try the square idea. its a cheaper brand called solspa but i phoned several salons prior to ordering it and asked there advice on what they though of it and had they tried any other brands.xx xx i would do as some one else advised spray on low setting you can always go over again but yet you cant wipe off if spray too much.xx

Latest posts

Back