Rebalancing over NSS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
I have a new client tomorrow who has 8 week old l&p on her nails from NSS. I've never dealt with NSS nails before.

By all accounts her nails are strong underneath so I'm thinking of offering either rebalance of Brisa cover pink or Shellac with perhaps two top coats.

In either case I plan to just file right down instead of trying to soak off. Apparently this stuff is like concrete and wont budge. I'm thinking it's best to leave a thin layer of what product is already there. Looking out for nail damage and infection. Lashings of Solar oil.

Have I missed anything?

Xx

I have a new client tomorrow who has 8 week old l&p on her nails from NSS. I've never dealt with NSS nails before.

By all accounts her nails are strong underneath so I'm thinking of offering either rebalance of Brisa cover pink or Shellac with perhaps two top coats.

In either case I plan to just file right down instead of trying to soak off. Apparently this stuff is like concrete and wont budge. I'm thinking it's best to leave a thin layer of what product is already there. Looking out for nail damage and infection. Lashings of Solar oil.

Have I missed anything?

Xx

Normally I would rebalance. Chances are her nails will be in poor condition underneath the product. But wait and see what there is to see and make a judgement then.

Not all NSS use MMA monomer (the one like concrete) when they do enhancements. If its hard gel it won't soak off and if it is MMA it won't soak off in a hurry either, so you will have to buff and proceed as you outlined at the end of your post.

Thanks Geeg. As you say - I'll be able to make a better judgement when I see her.
Jx

Normally I would rebalance. Chances are her nails will be in poor condition underneath the product. But wait and see what there is to see and make a judgement then.

Not all NSS use MMA monomer (the one like concrete) when they do enhancements. If its hard gel it won't soak off and if it is MMA it won't soak off in a hurry either, so you will have to buff and proceed as you outlined at the end of your post.

Being new to cnd acrylics would it be advisable to take on a client that has NSS acrylics?

Being new to cnd acrylics would it be advisable to take on a client that has NSS acrylics?

Why wouldn't it be? I have never turned away a client who has come from from a bad salon.

Best thing a client who has had bad service or their nails damaged could do, would be to come to someone like me who will care for her nails and bring them back to top condition. Wouldn't you agree? Isn't that what everyone would choose to do if they have had bad treatment ... go to someone who will give them good treatment?

Why wouldn't it be? I have never turned away a client who has come from from a bad salon.

Best thing a client who has had bad service or their nails damaged could do, would be to come to someone like me who will care for her nails and bring them back to top condition. Wouldn't you agree? Isn't that what everyone would choose to do if they have had bad treatment ... go to someone who will give them good treatment?

Yes, I totally agree. I was just advised not to mix products and the NSS acrylics should be removed prior to carrying out my treatment. I think it was advised due to the time it takes to remove the NSS acrylics and not knowing the nail condition underneath the acrylics.

You have been in the Industry a lot longer than me therefore I appreciate your comments.

Yes, I totally agree. I was just advised not to mix products and the NSS acrylics should be removed prior to carrying out my treatment. I think it was advised due to the time it takes to remove the NSS acrylics and not knowing the nail condition underneath the acrylics.

You have been in the Industry a lot longer than me therefore I appreciate your comments.

You should never mix products .. quite right. But are we mixing products when you layer one product over another? .. do they interact ?? NO.

It is perfectly fine to layer one product over another .. they do not MIX together.

Mixing refers to using one brand of monomer and another brand of polymer; that is a no no. But once a product has polymerised, you are not actually mixing anything at all.

Thanks Geeg - it went really well, she seemed pleased and said afterwards she can't really see the detail that well anyway so I told her that her nails looked stunning ;)

I love Brisa!!! It's gorgeous stuff!

Thanks Geeg - it went really well, she seemed pleased and said afterwards she can't really see the detail that well anyway so I told her that her nails looked stunning ;)

I love Brisa!!! It's gorgeous stuff!

Brisa is the most beautiful gel I have ever worked with ... and I have worked with allot of brands and taught with many; all supposedly top brands!! Brisa is a mile ahead of the rest in every respect. I would name them, but that would not be fair.:D

personally for me..i think it depends on wheather or not it is mma.

In todays economy who can afford to turn away anyone...especially when you can edcuate and convert this client so easily and really show off your skills...how its really done.

That said every time i file down mma to rebalance i come up in a big red sore itchy rash down my arms and my eyes start running...

Latest posts

Back