Rebuilding a toe nail-need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqui

Reaction score
Hi my daughter only has half a toe nail after having it removed because of ingrown toenail a while ago. Her daughters christening is on Sunday and she's wearing sandals, so we need it sorted. Does anyone know which way is best false toe nails or acrylic straight onto nail and toe even if it only lasts for the day. Please help x

If it's only for the day, you can buy stick-on toenails like the fingernails you can buy. I remember trying them once (years ago) and they did ping off so make sure it's very well adhered!

False toe nails! I use them (working with horses mean your feet do end up getting stood on and wrecking your toes!) but use good quality glue. Mine have always lasted all day.

I did put one on used gel bond but only on natural nail nd it's off now only lasted a couple of hours. Any ideas how to overcome this thanks x

Maybe you could adhere it using some acrylic?

Thanks I'll try. Do u know of any tutorials on building toe nail with acrylic x

With bio sculpture gel u can use a silk overlay to extend the toenail. So a nail extension extending the silk over the short piece to create a larger than average free edge, build then colour.

I'm only trained in cnd liquid nd powder x

Jacqui, can u not tailor the largest nail tip you have, stick it on the nail that's there, blend a bit first, then apply your acrylic as an overlay over nail & tip. As you say, even if it gets her through just that day. I think I'd try this myself.

There are quite a few posts on here (old ones) that will advise you better most using acrylic

I do this all the time for a few clients. I custom-fit a form (usually you have to split 2 forms and stick them together so it's wide enough) Prep the nail as you would for any acrylic or gel application and sculpt away. It can be done with gel, but acrylic is loads easier. My ladies that I do this for LOVE the fact that they get to wear sandals all summer. They stay on for a couple weeks at least, no kidding! The think I'm the greatest nail tech ever 'cause they can take a beach vacation with no worries! LOL!

How about doing a set of Minx? This is what i did when i lost my toe nail (which has now grown back :) .Its not a permanent solution but hid the problem temporarily. i was unsure about putting enhancements like l and p builders on the nail bed skin, and found the Minx hides imperfections like ridges well.

Conditioning using lots of nice nail oil after Minx removal and massage cuticles to encourage new healthy growth will help too :)

Latest posts

Back