Recommendations for tips that can be placed low down the nail bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandstring

Reaction score
Hi I am currently using Young Nails tips, which have a small approx 3mm lip on them so you cannot place them far down the nail bed.

A few of my clients are wanting me to place them lower down so that they last them longer before needing a new set. Can anyone recommend strong, good quality tips that have no lip on them, so they can be placed lower down?

Thanks for any help x

Hi I am currently using Young Nails tips, which have a small approx 3mm lip on them so you cannot place them far down the nail bed.

A few of my clients are wanting me to place them lower down so that they last them longer before needing a new set. Can anyone recommend strong, good quality tips that have no lip on them, so they can be placed lower down?

Thanks for any help x
Are these white tips you are talking about?

If not then you want the least amount of tip on the nail plate for maximum strength as its not the tip that gives the enhancement its strength and your product is designed to adhere to Keratin so the least amount of tip on the nail plate the better, if you use natural or clear tips then once they are blended they are not noticeable.
:hug:

Either cnd performance or proimpressions advanced tips. Both have no wells, can be placed wherever you like and with minimal to no blending. :)

I think you've got a bit mixed up in your understanding of tips and strength of nails! (Plus what do your clients understand about the structure to know they want this!!!)

Placing a tip further down a nail does NOT make it stronger or more long lasting. In fact it is the complete opposite. The bond between the tip and the nail plate is one of the weakest in the whole structure. The overlay needs as much nail plate exposed so this, strongest bond, is maximised.

There is plenty of info on hear about this so I suggest you do a search.

I think the original poster means that they want them to last longer as the natural smile line doesn't show through for a longer while if you put it down further. You couls use a coverage powder when you initially create the nails, as this will give an extended nailbed as it grows out without requiring the white redoing for a longer while.

IMO I'd tell the clients to go jump they look awful like this, had a few nail biters wanting white tips as they are cheaper than me having to apply a clear tip and scuplt my answer no chance! at the end of the day people are walking about with our work on show, If I was a potential client and saw them no way I'd be going to that tech, hence why I refuse to do it. hth xx

Latest posts

Back