Recommended foundation for dry skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinnyjinbob

Reaction score
Hi beauty geeks. Just swinging by from hair...
Wondered whether anyone could recommend a liquid foundation. I have some facial eczema so want something moisturising and with full coverage to last all day.
Thanks in advance x

Avoid a liquid foundation as this can sit in dry and flaky skin. I would recommend a really good mineral foundation like Jane Iredale which won't aggravate your eczema and will give it excellent protection!

I am already currently using bare minerals powder foundation and find this drying to my skin. Was expecting a liquid or cream foundation to be better?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have dry skin and I like bourjois healthy mix serum and also their happy light foundations. Also, No 7's instant radiance is nice but might possibly flashback in photos.. need to test that one further.

None of them are full coverage but they're buildable.

When my skin is super dry (in winter or when I'm stressed) I use my real techniques miracle complexion sponge, damp, to apply it. (Cheaper and as good, if not better, than a beauty blender). I find buffing in with a brush exaggerates the dry patches when my skin is bad.

Also, Illamasqua's hydra veil primer is nice for dry skin. Most days though I use the happy light primer.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am already currently using bare minerals powder foundation and find this drying to my skin. Was expecting a liquid or cream foundation to be better?

Bare Minerals has a product in it called Bismuth which can dry the skin and leave it tingly. I have had very dry skin for years, and the combination of good skincare and good foundation not only means my make up looks good, but so does my skin without make up. Really recommend JI!

Vichy Dermablend foundation is nice can be found in boots or online. I have a dry skin and can't stand a powder foundation make my skin feel even drier!! A good moisturiser, primer and foundation I find works well.

Last edited:
Please don't confuse a mineral with a powder - two very different products!
Powders can contain talc which is really not good for your skin - even though it is a mineral, it will not be found in good mineral make up!

Avoid a liquid foundation as this can sit in dry and flaky skin. I would recommend a really good mineral foundation like Jane Iredale which won't aggravate your eczema and will give it excellent protection!

Where can I buy Jane iredale? Ive not heard of it before. I would need to go and see what shade suits my complexion as well.

Latest posts

Back