Red/brown readymix for coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
Hi , i used to use the +tone reds by clynol, which have been discontinued for a while and was hoping somebody could recommend a tint brand similar.
I have a client that would like her white blending with a reddish tone , but when i say white it is white! she has a mallem streak , ive done it before with warm browns mixed with base , but i was hoping somebody could recommend an extra coverage red?

hey there! im not to sure wat the clynol range is lyk coz ive neva used it but,dependin wetha u want full covarage or just blending, there is wella that makes a great range of red ranges in permanant and semi they would b a great choice ive been using it 4 years:lol::lol::green:let me no how yo go

i already use wella, to save time and money i was looking for something i dont have to mix , with the natural already in there

Hi Liana Kay
Im not familiar with clynol either. Have you used Schwarzkopf? They have a range that cover resistant hair; naturals and naturals with some fashion shade already mixed in. maybe something like 6-80.(dont know what base u lookin for)6 being dark blonde and 8 is red. range is called igora royal absolutes

So the naturals already mixed in ?that sounds great , i just didnt want to be ages in the wholesalers reading every single tube , only to change my mind!
The clynol + ranges were real reds , i was worried about mixing red with base a) because it may be too flat and not red enough , and b) wanted to get good coverage . im still haunted by the fact that when i was training i mixed a cool red with a 6 base and the white went wishy washy purple.
thankyou!

Hi Liana Kay
Im not familiar with clynol either. Have you used Schwarzkopf? They have a range that cover resistant hair; naturals and naturals with some fashion shade already mixed in. maybe something like 6-80.(dont know what base u lookin for)6 being dark blonde and 8 is red. range is called igora royal absolutes

I can highly recommend the Schwartzkopf absolute range. How red do you want your red? They do a 6/80 which is great or if you want more of a brunette red, 6/60. They tell you to use them with 9% but I use 6%, unless it is really stubborn grey/white.
You don't need to use base, they don't fade and look really rich. :)

I think you will love the absolutes then.great tone and perfect coverage! let me know how u get on!:)

I ve got the 6/70 which is a copper. they didnt have a colour chart so im lucky to have a very understanding client that will let me do anything within peramiters. Can anyone tell me if this is really bright though!

i think the result is like if u mixed half base and half tone.so it is warm,but not wishy washy.they have to be used with 9% if hair is resistant.use 6 if not

I ve got the 6/70 which is a copper. they didnt have a colour chart so im lucky to have a very understanding client that will let me do anything within peramiters. Can anyone tell me if this is really bright though!

If you are doing it as a full head, it will be a deep copper shade. It is fairly bright. It doesn't come out like mixing half tone, half base, it comes out as the full tone i.e. 6/7 if you had no base.

If you are using it in foils, it appears more subtle.

These shades have great hold, I use 6%, unless it is resistant grey.

Latest posts

Back