Red hair back to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi geeks, so I have a clients who was having blonde highlights and decided she wanted to go red. I pre pigged the highlights and coloured with matrix 6RV. .. We did 6RV a few times and then she said she couldn't afford to keep coming to me to have it coloured and opted to do it herself with the dreaded XXL live red!!! .. She has now contacted me saying she misses being blonde and wants to go back blonde.. She said she understands this could be a gradual process but how would you geeks go about getting her back to blonde? .. Would you bleach bath? Highlight? .. Any geeks with suggestions, please help!! X

Tone strip first with bleach water and conditioner, then highlight with bleach.
Make sure you test it before attempting. Xoxo

Tone strip first with bleach water and conditioner, then highlight with bleach.
Make sure you test it before attempting. Xoxo

Conditioner will stop the bleach and water b4 stating!

Conditioner will stop the bleach and water b4 stating!

Oh, iv always done it with conditioner. All equal parts. Maybe it would be quicker without it xoxo

Oh, iv always done it with conditioner. All equal parts. Maybe it would be quicker without it xoxo

I always used equal parts shampoo, bleach powder and tepid water xx

Yea shampoo bleach & water :)

Conditioner closes the cuticle, shampoo opens it allowing the acidity of the bleach to remove tone. X

Just wondering.. Would u guys not cover the newly stripped undertone from the red? Maybe flood the foils with an ash based quasi?

Why cover up bad work like XXL? Remove first to prevent further trouble

Sounds wise to me to get rid of XXL, so guess bleach bathing it is going to be the way to go.. Thanks guys.. X

No I meant after you've cleanse it, in my experience when you lift out red it usually produces a nasty orange/yellow undertone,

Would u not counteract the undertone with an ash based quasi in between the foils?

Sounds wise to me to get rid of XXL, so guess bleach bathing it is going to be the way to go.. Thanks guys.. X

Do warm water and bleach first chick, then start on ends at sides then go. To ends at back with bleach and 3% leave to lift then roots and develop to same as roots rinse, Rinse, bleach and warm water, rinse twice again and conditioning treatment, then colour with ash x

Have you done an incompatibility test? My sister had the xxl red on and i put some bleach foils in and they got really hot? And hers was 4 month regrowth. Not saying your clients will be would get hot...

No I meant after you've cleanse it, in my experience when you lift out red it usually produces a nasty orange/yellow undertone,

Would u not counteract the undertone with an ash based quasi in between the foils?

This is what I normally do ,, strip , ... Then foil and flood in between to counteract the normally copper colour haha !! X

I totally don't get why a few of you have said you would foil this client?

I totally don't get why a few of you have said you would foil this client?

To get an overall lighter colour with minimal damage. Strip then foil and colour inbetween with a colour on te same base line xoxo

Do warm water and bleach first chick, then start on ends at sides then go. To ends at back with bleach and 3% leave to lift then roots and develop to same as roots rinse, Rinse, bleach and warm water, rinse twice again and conditioning treatment, then colour with ash x

Many thanks blue, that is a great help. :) xx

Have you done an incompatibility test? My sister had the xxl red on and i put some bleach foils in and they got really hot? And hers was 4 month regrowth. Not saying your clients will be would get hot...

I will ensure I do necessary tests :) thank you x

To get an overall lighter colour with minimal damage. Strip then foil and colour inbetween with a colour on te same base line xoxo

Still doesn't make sense to me. Foil doesn't protect from damage, and it's the stripping that would do the most damage before foiling.

Why not just cleanse and re-colour as a global?

Still doesn't make sense to me. Foil doesn't protect from damage, and it's the stripping that would do the most damage before foiling.

Why not just cleanse and re-colour as a global?

Have you ever tried to remove an xxl? Other than bleach the next options are shave it or use industrial strength cleaner haha xoxo

Latest posts

Back