Red hair help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Sooo I have a client who had bleach highlights over a base 5 tint she was trying to get blonde but decided she would dye er hair red as was working out to expensive with roots etc, so she used majicontrast globally with 30 vol ( when she told me I did tell her how lucky she was not to of had a reaction) anyway when I see her hair it is more like fluorescent pink very vibrant in places bit very pastel and wishy washy on ends and in desperate need of a good cut!
So she likes the Cheryl coke cherry red look so I'm planning to use a quasi and I'm thinking a 5.6 or 6.6
With 1.9 developer
Just want to check that is gonna be ok as I've ne'er coloured over majicontrast in this Degree before I don't want any adverse reactions lol just wanna get it looking nice for her again :0) x thanks geeks x

The contrast will lift the pre-lightened hair so & her hair sounds porus hence the wish washy effect. You could use a semi as this will act as a toner but I would recommend a Colour Fresh from Wella, it's a semi but doesn't contain Ammonia or Perpxide & it has Keratin in to repair the hair ! It's ace & you may leave it on for twenty minutes or longer/wig heat to intensify or make sure an even coverage

Thanks tomme do u think colour fresh would last long or fade very quick? Ive not used before xx

Colour Fresh is usually suspected to last upto ten washes but depending on the porosity of the hair. Sometimes if the hair is very porus it usually is the best lasting option

Thanks tomme do u think colour fresh would last long or fade very quick? Ive not used before xx

Lol I had to re look to see if I had posted haha.
Make sure to sell a leave in conditioner and regular conditioning treatments.
You could also try the crazy colours fire red xoxo

Oh yes have advised treatments as an absolute must , and mentioned crazy colour love it but solo messy hehe
Thanks for ur advise! X

Latest posts

Back