Red hair problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiehair13

Reaction score
Hi,

Red hair help...

I have been highlighting my clients hair with 7-0 & 7-43 in one foil, 8-0 & 8-34 in another. For the first few times the colour worked great but the next few times the colour was great on the first application but after the first wash the colour has almost disappeared. The client has 60% grey. The client is using Redken pureology reviving red shampoo & conditioner which I thought may help the situation but unfortunately hasn't helped at all.

I hope someone can help with me with this problem?

Thanks

Also the colour & peroxide I'm using is l'Oréal.

I found that L'Oreals INOA line didn't cover grey much or have staying power.

Usually a good mix 50/50 of the baseN + target tones eg. your 34/43's plus about a 1/2" extra .6 red intensifier or 1/2" of level 7.6 (per 30mls/1fl.oz.of color) without adding more peroxide should make it stick better. Even if it is slightly bright after doing so, this will fade after 1-2 washes.

Your origional formula seems a little weak on the missing stronger red tones needed to make the color stick & be a true 34/43 on white hair.

So glad I have natural red hair!!! I know that is of no help and I'm sorry for that xx

@vividamnesia it isn't Inoa that I used. It's majarel.
Would you suggest using a different brand?
Or would using the red intensifier do the job?

@vividamnesia it isn't Inoa that I used. It's majarel.
Would you suggest using a different brand?
Or would using the red intensifier do the job?
Hi, did you find the answer to your question as I'm having a similar problem and would love to know what to do. My client has natural red/ gold hair with over 50% grey. I'm using L'oreal Majirel also for highlights in the reds/copper shades ( similar to your colours) - also L'oreals developer. After one wash colour is not holding in root area - back to grey again- wondering what I can do or should I try another brand???? Any ideas anyone.

if you are covering over 50% grey hair with majirel you need to use the golden basics when working with warm tones. For example 1/2 7.3 + 1/2 7.43.
Your using 7.0 which is for resistant white hair. Switch it with 7.3

Latest posts

Back