Red rockstar nails with calgel....red or clear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky-Steele

Reaction score
Hi all

ive got my first client for rockstar nails on monday. Shes wanting red rockstar on her fingers.
Ive had a practice on my toenails with blue, i used clear gel.
They have turned out nice...not as nice as some ive seen on here. But they are a little bumpy.
I did clear,,,glitter,,cure,,,clear...cure and then clear again just to try and give it a smoother feel.

Now im thinking should i use the same technique on monday, or would using red calgel with the glitter and then clear on top...or maybe red and glitter mixed together?

Also, what do u all use to get the glitter off the clients fingers after,,,,i found this really annoying lol

Thanks for ur help everyone!

Nicky

Hi all

ive got my first client for rockstar nails on monday. Shes wanting red rockstar on her fingers.
Ive had a practice on my toenails with blue, i used clear gel.
They have turned out nice...not as nice as some ive seen on here. But they are a little bumpy.
I did clear,,,glitter,,cure,,,clear...cure and then clear again just to try and give it a smoother feel.

Now im thinking should i use the same technique on monday, or would using red calgel with the glitter and then clear on top...or maybe red and glitter mixed together?

Also, what do u all use to get the glitter off the clients fingers after,,,,i found this really annoying lol

Thanks for ur help everyone!

Nicky

I def recommend glitter on uncured gel- or shellac? I dont like scrubbing the glitter into the inhibition layer i didnt find them as glittery! I do the following - brisa gel - clear, glitter, cure....clear, cure, topcoat, cure then done. OR shellac - base, cure, colour, glitter, cure, topcoat, cure, topcoat, cure.....

If u do shellac I used hollywood and red glitter for below -

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313492898.311259.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313492898.311259.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2,090
Hey

thanks for the reply

i thought that it might look duller if i mixed the glitter with the gel, think i might go for the red gel with glitter on top.

thanks again

:)

Latest posts

Back