Red tones and specifically asked not to have it.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks. I've popped over from nails and beauty in the hope that someone can help. I'd had highlighted hair but wanted to go back to brunette. I specifically asked to not have anything with red tones in it. It turned out darker than expected but I know it will fade fairly quickly but when I just saw myself in the bathroom mirror with the light on there is lots of red in it. Is there anything that can be put on it to tons the red down?
I'll be phoning the salon in the morning :-(

When you go from blonde to brunette you need some red tones otherwise your hair may go khaki coloured. The red will prob fade quite quick, I'd give it a few washes and see.

Did you have blonde highlights?

If so I do tend to use a red tone to get the hair back to brown, as if you don't the hair will take a green/karki colour.

Xx

When you go from blonde to brunette you need some red tones otherwise your hair may go khaki coloured. The red will prob fade quite quick, I'd give it a few washes and see.

I must of been typing at the same time you posted :) xx

Like Katelisa said you need the red tones in your hair at first as red are the underlying tones in dark hair. I imagine you'd rather it was a warm colour than green :biggrin:

If you shine a light on any brown hair, it will show red. Red is part of the colour brown. If it wasnt present, your hair would look greeny grey. Even uncoloured virgin brown hair contains red.

If you shine a light on any brown hair, it will show red. Red is part of the colour brown. If it wasnt present, your hair would look greeny grey. Even uncoloured virgin brown hair contains red.
ahh if only there was a like button on here!

Thank you all so much. So gradually the red will fade do you think. I couldn't sleep lastnight thinking I'd look like a clown out in the sun. Much appreciate your replies xx

Latest posts

Back