Reds not curing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimid

Reaction score
Hey all done 2 reds tonight and both times it was like some fingers didn't cure? I'd be doing the top coat and all ok and then the red is comin with the topcoat as if didn't cure?? Any ideas geeks?? :)

Sorry I can't offer any advice but I had the Same thing happen with Gelish Hot Rod Red.

It's the only colour it's happened with so I'm confident my prep was right.

Hoping I might get some idea what went wrong from this thread x

Hey all done 2 reds tonight and both times it was like some fingers didn't cure? I'd be doing the top coat and all ok and then the red is comin with the topcoat as if didn't cure?? Any ideas geeks?? :)

What are you using? Brand, lamp, color, etc.

Hi, not sure if this is helpful let us know which product/ brand you are using. I used to have a problem with shellac which I only seemed to notice on reds, years ago I remember once I'd finished and wiped off the tacky layer, the red came off slightly on either side of the nail and I was baffled, I realised I wasn't fully reaching either side of the nail with base/top coat and for some reason it was only noticeable with reds. So maybe try looking at that:) hope this helps

You may have a problem with the bulbs in the lamp? Are they due to be changed? Are they clean? Have you turned them over recently as this may help.

Which system are you using?

The best advice I ever received - "Work smarter, not harder". Thank you, geeks!!

I had the same problem with IBD whilst using a LED lamp. I exchanged the polish with wholesaler and the new one was fine!

Hey all it happened with 2 gelih reds: hello merlot and good gossip.

I use all gelish products in prep as as it was on only finger i assume my prep was good- no?? It felt like it just hadn't cured on those fingers- i use the gelish LED light......it did happen slightly with hello merlot last week....

Don't worry about it if you're using the correct lamp and are convinced your prep is ok, I had this problem with hot rod red and I think it's a common thing with reds. I have a spare top coat that I use for reds and glitters because I was so annoyed at having a pink tinge to my top coats xx

Latest posts

Back